Im trying to quit smoking. Im down to two cigarettes a day. What can I do between halves to pass the time? -

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Im trying to quit smoking. Im down to two cigarettes a day. What can I do between halves to pass the time? -


I-m cutting back on my smoking. I-m now smoking a half every 4 hours starting at 9am and going till 9pm. what can I do to pass the time between halves?
to lose weight u need to eat right and have a workout plan 5-6 days a week.u have to want it.
***try this u need to change ur diet.
eat six times a day. ea of ur 3 main meals needs to combine a lean protein such as chicken breast ground turkey turkey bacon egg whts also combine that with a complex carb such as a baked potato or sweet potato wild rice brown rice oatmeal or girts. also add fresh fruit and vegies to lunch and dinner. pick fruits low in sugar like pears and berries. if u get canned vegies get ones with low sodium. eat every 3-4 hrs keep ur metablism moving.
***also the most important part is WATER drink at least 64oz. no soda or juice. water will curve ur cravings.
u need to hit cardio 3-4 times a week running outside it great workout if u can hit a gym and cardio machine is great at least 30mins***
also add weight/strength training 3 times a week.u can google free weight traning guides anywhere. its not hard to find things for free. also for those wanting sexy hot abs. a nice toned stomach comes from a body with low body fat. so if ur overweight and u do a million crunches or any ab workout you r wasting your time!!! cant see the muscles under fat. low body fat equals=a nice flat toned stomach.
***plan ur meals ahead of time.always have a healthy snack with u so u wont be tempted to eat fast food. also if u wait to late to eat u will get so hungry u will eat the world. make time to work out start out with 30 mins then increase.its ur body treat it right. ur diet alone can help lose weight but working out makes ur body look good. shows muscles and tight skin which is sexy and beautful. stick with it ur body will amaze u!!! to be healthy and look great u need both in ur life. good luck email me if u have further questions
I am in the process of quitting smoking right now as well. I am going cold turkey though (an incredibly miserable process). I find myself becoming jittery and anxious. I have to keep myself busy in order to control my temper, that seems to be flaring today (this is day two for me). I have been doing my spring cleaning. It was suggested that I crochet, read, etc. but anything that requires me to sit still only makes the tension and severe cravings worse. Even if your house is already clean, organize your drawers, clean out some extra stuff that-s been accumulating in the closet, etc. If the weather is nice where ever you are from do some yard work. I don-t suggest going anywhere there are people though bc you are bound to see someone else smoking and I can guarantee that seeing other people smoke will make you give in to your cravings not to mention the fact that your irritability is increasing due to the lack of nicotine.

Hope that helps, all this talking about cigarettes is making me crave even worse. LOL Good Luck! I won-t give in if you don-t!
My Aunt used sunflower seeds. It keeps your mouth busy with the cracking of the shells and getting the seeds out.

Also there is chewing on pens. You also have something that your hands can play with, and it is a similar motion for your mouth and hands to smoking.


Hard candies and gum as well.
Im trying to quit smoking. Im down to two cigarettes a day. What can I do between halves to pass the time? -