How did you quit smoking.I tried the gum, hypnoses, patch, ans zyban? -

Friday, January 27, 2006

How did you quit smoking.I tried the gum, hypnoses, patch, ans zyban? -


I too have tried many things and am about to try Chantix. Might look into it
Hi,
I have prescribed Chantix to many of my patients and so far am impressed with the results. You start with a tapering dose up to 1 mg twice a day. The first few weeks on it, you continue smoking until you no longer have the urge. Apparently the drug replaces nicotine within the brain. The stadard course of treatment is 4 months.

Having said that, it has been my experience that most people fail on the patch due to underdosing. A nicotine patch that is 21mg per day is the equivalent of one pack per day of cigs. If you smoke more than that you would need perhaps 1-1/2 or two patches per day.

Talk to your health care provider. Some insurances are starting to pay for Chantix.

Good luck,
Mary K. Betz MS RPA-C


http://www.headache-adviser.com

chantax
In the Search for questions slot type in -quit smoking- and you will get at least 6,800 results.
I quit a little over a year ago-- COLD TURKEY.... the trick is you HAVE to trick your brain into thinking you ARE smoking by substituting the actions you took WHILE smoking with something else.... and without gaining weight in the process.. here-s what I did and it worked 100% for me.... I LOVE navel oranges... those big seedless ones with the thick skins.. So I bought TONS of them and whenever I craved a cigarette I grabbed an orange. The process of peeling it by hand, pulling apart the sections and then eating it section by section COPIED the actions I did with my hands AND mouth while smoking...my BRAIN was satisfied... Sometimes it would take 2 oranges...other times just 1. I would cut up a view oranges and put them in plastic baggies before going out in the car and grabbing pieces out of that baggie satisfied my desire to smoke IN THE CAR... I live ALL ALONE so the desire to smoke has ALWAYS been very strong with me and I was an almost 2 PACK A DAY smoker for 35 YEARS....within a WEEK and a half, I could cut down on the consumption of the oranges and did NOT miss the cigarettes....it-s been an entire YEAR now and I don-t miss them at all...... and haven-t gained even ONE POUND since I quit....
How did you quit smoking.I tried the gum, hypnoses, patch, ans zyban? -