Whats the best way to quit smoking? -

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Whats the best way to quit smoking? -


Check out the book -The Easy Way to Stop Smoking-
It worked for me and other family members. The reviews on Amazon.com are all very good, too. All you have to do is read the book and you will be able to quit by the time you are finished.
Cold turkey plus. I went cold turkey with hypnosis. My ex hub quit smoking at the same time, so I had that reinforcement too. It-s been 15 years and I haven-t smoked a single cig since (I used to smoke 2 1/2 packs a day).

It gets easier after the first month or so. It really is hard--but sooo worth it. I don-t understand the theory that a different form of nicotine (gum, patch) helps you beat your nicotine addiction at all.
honestly, my dad did it with the help of God. it was an overnight kind of thing. he asked for help with it / it was his first prayer as an adult and the craving was gone overnight. he was a very heavy pal mal smoker / pack a day for years . he-s been wihout a cigarette for decades now , but says he has been tempted , especially , if he smells tobacco pipe . but he has never crossed line one time and stays in control.

many would not believe his story, but it is the honest truth. other people / members in family have prayed and prayed and dont seem to see the quick solutions. not sure why his prayers is answers, we are all just thankful that he was spared this .
New drug that is working well for a lot of longterm smokers. Chantix. Some people say it causes anger related problems, but anytime you try to quit smoking no matter what you use to quit you are going to have the anger issues. It is your body going thru withdrawls.
Stop buying cigarettes.
Nicorette gum (fruit chill flavor), The Idiot-s Guide to Quitting Smoking, and perseverance
I didn-t quit the day I bought the book or after chewing on one piece. I reminded myself constantly that this was the LAST time I was going to quit, and a one day set back wasn-t going to stop me. I had over a month of off and on before I finally made it a week. I still kept viewing it day by day, but I finally believed I could do it. I didn-t tell anyone until I hit a month. I continued chewing the gum for 6 months but less and less. I keep an emergency packet around, but I haven-t used it in months. Good luck.
Hypnosis... Many people go to hypnotists, and there is many succesfull results...
Try drinkin- bleech.
I tried the patch. lasted 10 days. You really do have to want to quit and not feel like you have to. I only lasted 10 days because I did not want to quit, just cut down. Good luck.
Best way is cold turkey, cheaper to.
i think thats probabaly the question of the century.
Perhaps a web search for -quit smoking- + -natural ways- might be useful.
Decide for your self that you really want to stop.. Really, really want to stop. And all else will be easy..
Whats the best way to quit smoking? -