Please, tell me how I can quit smoking...? -

Monday, January 16, 2006

Please, tell me how I can quit smoking...? -


My goal for this year is to improve my health. I want to quit smoking and lose weight....in that order. Please gives me some tips that I can use to imrpove my health in these areas.
I found Wellbutrin very helpful, but it was cold turkey that worked the best so far (2 years). I also decided to always say -I am quiting- instead of -I have quit-. As in - it-s an ongoing process and not something that is done and in the past.

It-s really hard. It took several tries before I got this far. Now it-s a lot easier.

It was also easier when I quit hanging around other smokers. To quit, I had stop hanging around with people that smoked.
I used the Commit lozenges, and the patch. And when I had a craving I sucked on ice, that numbs your throat and your craving.
there is a new medication out now called Chantix It is a pill you take 1 everyday and continue to smoke but after alittle while of taking them your cravings will lesson each day until you no longer feel the cravings to smoke. That is what I plan to do my problem is the medication is very expensive but has a 97% sucsess rate. as far as loosing weight? take out the suagry things in your deit replace them with hearty nutrius snacks such as fruit yogurts and fresh fruits and fresh veggies and lowfat dips. you-ll lose it make sure to exersize everyday take the stairs and so forth and like that. Good luck I hope I helped you some DonnaC
Well, I just stopped buying them. But you may need the patch or nicotine gum to help with cravings. Keep busy, exercise -will help you lose weight and keep your mind off cigarettes.
get the patches and dont buy them no matter what your bodey tells you!and it has 200 poisens in it and it has tar in it and it forms aroung your liungs soo stop!
replace cigs with small low calories suckers since its an oral fixation....

Then to get healthier cut out soda...including diet and everyweek do one more thing liek that until most of ur bad habits are gone

Good luck
okay
say your smoking two packs aday
what you have to do is gradually go down to one pack
do this in the first week.
then once you only smoke one pack then switch to lights
and then after lowering that for a week goto ultra lights
and then youll be lowering it so its much easier to quit
cold turkey, or the patch
There are many aids for quitting smoking. Nicotine gums and patches are very successful at controlling cigarette cravings. Using the gums might also help with managing the lost oral habit, because you-ll be chewing something, and your mouth will be busy. I think I read somewhere that the gum, for this reason, has a slightly higher chance of preventing weight gain.

Also, talk with family and friends. These people can be a tremendous support when the irritability and withdrawal comes in. They can do their best to make sure not to add unnecessary stress to your life that might make you want to smoke more than you already will. Below is an article on what you can expect your recovery from tobacco addiction to be like, with tips:

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Symptoms.ht…


As far as weight loss, I think it-s wise of you to put that after smoking cessation. You-re obviously well informed enough to know that weight gain may be a possibility, but that it-s worth it in the long run to stop smoking. Good for you!
Please, tell me how I can quit smoking...? -