How long does it take for the lungs to clear after you quit smoking? -

Friday, January 27, 2006

How long does it take for the lungs to clear after you quit smoking? -


I know there are a lot of questions about this answered already, but I want to know specifically about me. I-m fifteen and have been smoking since I was thirteen, give or take a half a pack a day. I -clipped- (put out and then re-lit hours later) most of my cigarettes. I quit today and I was just wondering, will my lungs completely heal from the damage?

Thanks for your time :)
Good for you!! Since you stopped so quickly after starting, and only have two years of damage you should recover well. usually they say you start to see the benefits of quitting a few days after, but it takes months and even up to 5 years before you get back to the same levels as non smokers.

You will notice a big change in your lungs though without smoke, no carbon dioxide in your blood will give you more energy in the next couple of days too. It will be a process, but keep off them and you-ll be good. You are so young your lungs should recover very well. Heck, they are not even done growing yet are they!
Good for you! that you decided to quit smoking. Your lungs will definitely recuperate from smoking for about 2 years. I started smoking since I was 16 years old and I quit when I was about 28 years old. It was a battle for me to quit. I had ups and downs. I-m 35 now and my lungs today are as healthy as someone who has not been smoking at all. Check out this site, it could interest you.

http://www.u-can-quit-smoking-cigarettes.com
Yaaaa!!!! Good for you. You are young so this is on your side. You should heal well. But remember second hand smoke effects you too, so avoid this as well. Again, good for you.
How long does it take for the lungs to clear after you quit smoking? -