How do i quit smoking for good,no meds please(over a20 year habbit)? -

Monday, October 2, 2017

How do i quit smoking for good,no meds please(over a20 year habbit)? -


without meds.........hypnotism, biofeedback,nicotine gum, or a support group

from what I have seen used ***successfully***

the nicotrol inhalers are very effective.....work similar to a cigarette in that you inhale for a nicotine fix........but they are smokeless.....wellbutrin .....or a patch.......later three require a written script. several have good results with a combination of products. Good luck
A couple buddies of mine quit this way, but start smoking american spirits. Then slow down with those. He claims that they have less chemicals, that way your body can slowly get used to having less stuff to be dependent on. I only smoke when i-m on fire so I-m just going off what I hear. Hope this helps.
Go to a cancer hospital and visit the lung cancer patients in their rooms. Listen as they have their lungs suctioned for mucous. See how soon you light up after that!
I smoked for 10+ years. I quit when I was sick and gagging and coughing! When you are ready you will stop! If you never stop you will never be ready I guess!!
If you find out let me know. Darn it now I want a smoke....
Well, Ill tell you what worked for me. Join the marines. When you first arrive they give a speech about this and that, and one quote from that speech is, -They are the number one program to stop smoking- lol you cant smoke during boot, and I never even thought about cigs for those 3 months, or ever after. Now that Im discharged, I did pick it up again. I would suggest a substute, instead of smoking chew some gum. Maybe have one cig now, and eat a piece of gum the next time you want a cig. Give that a try.
First, ignore people who say things like -just stop-
They never smoked.
I smoked for 35 years. Quit. I used the patch and had a good support group. You have to have a reason to quit. A real reason. -My frineds say a should- wont work.
For me it was gitting sick this past Christmas. I couldn-t breath. I coughed for two weeks in a row. Nothing but coughing. cough cough cough. I got tired. I was thirsty all the time. I couldn-t talk without haveing a glass of water handy. I used the patches for 10 weeks. Now I use the gum once in a while. (when times are hard) I-d rather chew nicotine gum for the rest of my life. Sometimes two pieces at once. chew chew chew.... whatever.
Also, I found it helpful to keep my teeth really clean. Brush often. learn to like that clean taste. Find a way to figure out how gross smoking is.
Good luck!
It-s hard to quit, I-ve tried many times. Stopping cold turkey can be difficult and nerve racking. Try limiting yourself to less every day, then one a day (a couple drags at a time, then put it out). Convince yourself that you don-t want one and try to avoid situations where others are smoking. It-s tough, but if your will is strong enough, you will overcome the habit. I only wish I could follow my own advice (I said it-s tough!).
This method works for me and is the only money back guaranteed.
I quite smoking 2 years ago


Get the Facts
Easyway, founded by Allen Carr in 1983, has the highest independently verified 12-month success rate (75.8% for a smoker completing the program) of any quit smoking technique and a 90% satisfaction rating.

Compare Easyway to other methods and see for yourself why Easyway is called “The Cadillac of quit smoking methods.”

The Allen Carr Method
HOW THE METHOD WORKS

Using psychotherapy, the method works in the opposite way to the “willpower” method. It does not concentrate on the reasons the smoker should not smoke : the money, the slavery, the health risks and the stigma. Smokers know all that already. Instead it focuses on why smokers continue to smoke in spite of the obvious disadvantages.

It is fear that keeps smokers hooked!

Fear the smoker will have to give up their pleasure or crutch. Fear the smoker will be unable to enjoy life or handle stress. Fear the smoker will have to go through an awful trauma to get free. Fear the smoker will never get completely free from the craving.

The Method removes these fears
Smokers quit with the Allen Carr Method as happy non-smokers, not feeling deprived but with a huge sense of relief and elation that they have finally achieved what they always wanted….

TO BE FREE!

What about the terrible withdrawal pangs from nicotine?

The physical withdrawal from nicotine is so slight that most smokers don’t realise that they are addicts. What smokers suffer when they try and quit using other methods is the misery and depression caused by the belief that they are being deprived of a pleasure or a crutch.

The Allen Carr Method removes this feeling of deprivation.
It removes the need and desire to smoke. Once the smoker is in the right frame of mind and they follow the simple instructions, the physical withdrawal from nicotine is hardly noticeable.

No Gimmicks!

The Method does not use any gimmicks, useless aids or substitutes. No nicotine gum, patches, lozenges, tabs, inhilators or nasal sprays! No needles! No lasers! No drugs! No herbs! No shock treatment!

The Allen Carr Method is successful because:

It removes the smokers’ conflict of will.
There are no bad withdrawal pangs.
It is instantaneous and easy.
It is equally effective for long-term heavy smokers and light smokers.
You need not gain weight.
You will not miss smoking.

Medical Endorsements

A personal view from Professor Judith Mackay MBE, JP, FRCO (Edin), FRCP (Lon), World Health Organisation Advisory Panel on Tobacco and Health

“I have no hesitation in supporting Allen Carr’s work. Many clinics use some of his techniques but it would appear that few do it in quite such a successful package.”

Carole Johnson, Coronary Heart Disease Prevention Unit, Tyne Tees

“his success rate was such that, when budgets allow, we continue to use Easyway for work with specific groups and individuals.”

Dr Anil Visa BSc, MBBch., FRCA, Consultant – Royal Hospitals NHS Trust – Royal London Hospital

“I have observed the Allen Carr method at first hand and have found it to be very successful and I wholeheartedly support it as an effective way to quit smoking.”

Dr William Green, Head of Psychiatric Dept, Matilda Hospital, Hong Kong

“It is a remarkable fact that Allen Carr, on his own admission a non-professional in behaviour modification, should have succeeded where countless psychologists and psychiatrists holding postgraduate qualifications have failed, in formulating a simple and effective way to stop smoking.”

Dr Martin Jarvis, Principle Scientist, Imperial Cancer Research
Fund and Reader in Health Psychology, University College London

”...I am more than happy to testify to Allen Carr’s enduring involvement and to recognise the value of the kind of behavioural and cognitive support he provides.”

Dr PM Bray MB CH.b., MRCGP

“I was really impressed by the method. In spite of the Allen Carr organisation’s success and fame, there were no gimmicks and the professional approach was something a GP could readily respect. I would be happy to give a medical endorsement of the method to anyone.”

Celebrity Endorsements

-His method is absolutely unique, removing the dependence on cigarettes, while you are actually smoking. I’m pleased to say it has worked for many of my friends and staff.”
Sir Richard Branson

“Some friends of mine who had stopped using Allen Carr’s method suggested I tried it. I did. It was such a revelation that instantly I was freed from my addiction. Like those friends of mine, I found it not only easy but unbelievably enjoyable to stay stopped.”
Sir Anthony Hopkins

GOOD LUCK!
Without meds it has to be a mind over craving thing. You have to really give yourself reasons not to. Not just -its bad for me- because everyone eats junk food and its bad for them too but we like it so we eat it. Try thinking about what it-s doing to those around you, your kids (if you have them) could end up with cancers, asthma, or other issues later on. Think about how cold it gets in the winter and how stupid it is to have to run outside in snow to get a few drags in. Think about how it-s already messed you up, maybe breathing issues, making you sick more often, making sicknesses worse, screwing up your throat, mouth, and teeth. Your voice. Make a list if you have to of the things you hate about it and post it in a place or places you-ll see it regularly.
Just stop.
Don-t put a cigarette in your mouth and light it.
I quit a 20 yr. habit of three packs a day by using sugarless gum whenever I needed to smoke. Also prayer helps.
Look at pictures in medical books of cancer caused by smoking. Great incentive to stay with it. GOOD LUCK!
How do i quit smoking for good,no meds please(over a20 year habbit)? -