Quit smoking??? -

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Quit smoking??? -


what kind of campaign would stop you form smoking

what would u need to see to make u stop smoking

we need to do a campaign for school about this and we need some ideas
on what to put in the cartels and all that

thanks for teh help everybody
Monica, these websites should give you ample visuals, and campaign ideas :

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/visual…


http://inventorspot.com/articles/stop_sm…


http://www.bhf.org.uk/smoking/


http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200…

Best of Luck, dear.
I-m in Canada, all of our cartons have pictures of cancerous lungs, gingivitis teeth, children (smoking kills them), a pregnant lady (smoking hurts babies), a nasty heart (smoking is a heartbreaker) or a bent cigarette (smoking causes impotence). It-s not really an effective deterent.

The problem with all the above warnings on cartons is that they focus on the future, and most people are focused on the present. So puting warnings on cigarette packages that are more relevant to the present might be more effective. Like saying, -Smoking a pack a day costs you 300$...in one year that would be 3600$-, or -by the time you have finished this pack, you will have inhaled x amount of cyanide, x amount of tar, x amount of formaldehyde, etc.-

A lot of the public campaigns for smoking seem to be ineffective. The most effective policies I-ve seen were to raise the prices of cigarettes... Making them illegal also helps - my province is making smoking in public illegal on new years (that-s a decent deterrent. If I can-t smoke at work or while I-m out, then I-ll quit).

The most effective television advert I saw to deter smoking was one that showed this young, pretty girl smoking and then you could see her skin turn grey and her teeth turn yellow - that was pretty effective.

For me, it-s the cost of smoking that is a deterrent. You become numbed to all the pictures of black lungs, plaque-covered hearts and yellow teeth.

Ooh. A great deterrent/-party trick- is to have smokers fill up their mouth with cigarette smoke (like puff, but don-t inhale it) now, blow all that smoke into a kleenex...the kleenex will be this disgusting yellow brown where you blow. Now if you do this again, but inhale all the smoke, then exhale into a kleenex, you-ll notice that it-s not this dark yellow brown, but it-s lighter. You-ll see how much crap goes into your lungs with every puff...it-s kind of nasty. (Find some willing smokers to test this out for you, you-ll understand how gross smoking really is)

I remember reading something from this one makeup artist who could tell which of his runway models smoked based on the fact their skin had acquired a greyish tinge.

(I smoke now, but money is the biggest problem for me. I-m a student, I have rent, groceries and a phone. I-m out of money so I can-t smoke for the rest of the month...I guess that-s a decent deterrent.)
I have been smoking since I was 13, I am 21 now. Nothing has made me stop.

I HATE THOSE -The Truth- commercials they actually DEMOTOVATE me and make me feel helpless.

The ONLY thing that has effected me are blunt conversations with people I KNOW CARE ABOUT ME.

Therefore, for your campaign I would suggest not using fire and brimstone tactics, that I don-t believe do anything but isolate smokers (the old smoke-screen cliché). And INSTEAD go for frank, honest, loving appeals...encourage others to debate smoking with smokers and end with, -I don-t want you to do it, not for yourself BUT FOR ME- (most smokers don-t care, much, about the self-harm, but the harm they cause others).


GOOD LUCK!
its bad for the skin/complextion ............

- A study by dermatologists, published in The Lancet, shows that smoking activates the genes responsible for a skin enzyme that breaks down collagen in the skin.

Collagen is the main structural protein of the skin and keeps it elasticated.



It-s often possible to detect whether or not a person is a smoker simply by looking at his or her face

Professor Antony Young, of Guys, Kings and St Thomas- School of Medicine, in London

When this starts to disintegrate, skin begins to sag and wrinkle.

Professor Antony Young and his colleagues from Guys, Kings and St Thomas- School of Medicine, in London, measured concentrations of the gene MMP-1, which breaks down collagen. -

http://www.whudafxup.com/?ref=truthsite


http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Bath…


http://whyquit.com/


http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10…


http://images.google.com/images?hl=en-q=…


http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/lungph…

Have everyone is the class privately submit one pro and one con for smoking cigarettes. Then group together the similar pros and cons. Now the class can discuss the group results and vote on which are important to them.
im not sure whether you are familair with -the body-s- exhibit but they had lugs of smokers and let me tell you it doesn-t look pretty.

and i also think its not the -don-t do it- that makes ppl quit, but realizing the reasons for quiting
I-ve been a smoker since I was 16. The only reasons that have made me stop (I-ve stopped several times) are:

1. Harm to the environment---butts take more than 50 years to break down and even then, there are traces of chemicals
2. Money---if I-d saved all the money I used for cigarettes I probably won-t have any money problems
3. Second-hand smoke hurting kids around me
Quit smoking??? -