What do you think is the best way to quit smoking? -

Saturday, October 21, 2017

What do you think is the best way to quit smoking? -


How to quit smoking
Hi a lot of will power.
Good Luck
Some feel that the only way to do it is cold turkey, but there are alternatives to that. There are medications that can help, but the best thing is to treat it like what it is, a bad habit with addictive side effects. What I did was first leave my cigarettes in a room that I wasn-t in. I didn-t restrict my smoking except that I had to get up and go somewhere else to get one. Next, I restricted my smoking to one room, preferably one without any interesting things to do, like the bathroom or out on the porch. Then, I began to restrict the intervals, like at least a half hour between cigs, then an hour, etc. At the beginning of the process, I picked a date when I would smoke my last cigarette, 30 days from when I started. This gives you a goal and time to break the habit which is so often unconscious. You want to smoke because you are accustomed to smoking while driving, playing on the computer, etc. If you don-t break the stimulus, you will be feeling the need to smoke constantly because you always smoked then.

It worked pretty well. But you have to be careful not to ever smoke again, since that will start the downhill slide and in a very short time, you will be smoking again.

There are also groups you can join that will give you someone to call in a pinch.

Good luck!
Hi Curious,
I-m not sure what-s the best way to quit smoking. I-m still working on it myself.

So far, for me, the best way to go is Cold Turkey. I simply stopped buying cigarettes when I ran out. BTW I ran out on March 1st. :)

I still have cravings and I have days I-ve thought about buying some cigarettes. Fortunately, I haven-t given into the cravings yet.

Also, I-m not sure how long the cravings last. It just gets easier to -not smoke- as time passes. I-ve quit for as long as 2 years and I-ve still had carvings. Hopefully, this time, I-ll finally quit for good. :)

Good Luck, I hope you-re successful in becoming a non-smoker.
The way I did it after 48 yrs of smoking was to just quit. I got rid of all the cigaretts I had, I told myself I used to smoke but I don-t anymore. Any time I reached for a cigarette I just laughed at myself and isn-t this stupid, I used to smoke but I don-t anymore. I then got up from what I was doing and did something else for a minute or two. After about a week of this it didn-t bother me anymore. I have been without cigarettes for over ten years now and about two months ago, out of nowhere, came the urge for a cigarette. I just laughed at myself and went on with life.
hi curious..

wow is that a loaded question.. how you quit largely depends on the person.. some are able to quit cold turkey, others may need aids, such as patches, or the new pharmaceuticals, that are now on the market... in the end there is really no wrong way to quit..

for myself i found that participation in the group nicotine anonymous, was instrumental in giving me the support i needed from other quitters, as well as those who had experience staying off smokes..

meetings are available in many areas, as well as a number of meetings daily online.. newcomers are welcome at these meetings, and they encourage people to attend before attempting a quit.. you Will find most people very helpful with their experiences..good luck with your quit!!
Hi
I suggest NLP (Neuro-Linguistic-Programming). NLP is a form of psychotherapy which is applied to help people like you, to stop smoking. The recordings that are created, has the very latest revolutionary techniques which has helped myself and my friend to completely stop smoking.
You only need to spend around 40 minutes listening to the recording, just download the file onto your MP3 player or CD and you-ll be on your way to a smoke free future.
YOU can Kick The Habit For Good In Just 38 Minutes - 13 Seconds with success rate of 97.2%
I and my friend used the below mentioned resource.
http://productsusedtoday.com/quit-smoking-guide.php
Wish you all the success in quitting the Cancer sticks.
I-ve tried just about every method there is out there and there is only one I can recommend - NLP! It eliminates the cravings.
Gum patches and all the other just did not cut it for me, not to mention cold turkey which was the hardest, I even tried the electric cig and it is just no match to the real thing.
Check out this article:
http://www.squidoo.com/Not_Smoking_Any_M…

it’s the one that got me off the cigs and smoke free for GOOD even without gaining weight! :)

Good luck kicking the habit!
J.
It-s not -how- it-s -why-... give yourself just 1 supremely important reason to be an ex-smoker.

Believe in that reason, and when the -cravings- kick in, think of what you are will achieve by kicking it to the kerb.
Best of luck x

P.S. - I-m doing the Paul McKenna book and cd, it gives lots of ways to deal with the urge to smoke and a cd to listen to. It-s great - will be someone who used to smoke tomorrow, can-t bloody wait!
Personally, I-ve never smoked. But the people I know that have been successful at quitting did it cold turkey. The secret seems to be you really want to quit and then pick a day to quit and stick with it. They seem to have more success when the day they pick is symbolic for some reason. Christmas, New Year-s Day, somebody-s birthday, etc.
Under a support system usually found in your doctors office. Pick a day and go cold turkey. eventually you will be out priced by the government and tobacco industry. get clean and buy something grand for yourself. It can be done. 9years clean
Go Cold Turkey. That is what I did.
What do you think is the best way to quit smoking? -