Will the medicine quot;Chantixquot; actually help u quit smoking? -

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Will the medicine quot;Chantixquot; actually help u quit smoking? -


it depends on the person.
Yes, my sister and my brother-in-law both used it to stop. Both were long-time smokers as well.
I hope to God it does. I am on day 9 of Chantix. I find myself getting busy and not thinking about getting a cig (a great thing!)But I eventually do smoke one when I think, -Oh, I haven-t had a cig for awhile- (a bad thing!)

It is the behavioral habits that are stopping me right now. One more week on Chantix to make sure it is good in my system and I will stop buying them. Like all other long time smokers the physical cravings are what really stop you from quiting. They are just overwhelming. But the Chantix does take away that physical feeling of wanting to put your head through a wall when you can-t have a cig.

Side effects are some sickness in the stomach but nothing too bad. My Doc has high hopes. He said he has seen 99% of his patients quit with Chantix. Even some hard core old guy smokers that he thought would never make it but they did. Try it!

I will update in like 2 weeks. Say a prayer! If I could go one full day without that would be a miracle.
My step mother has benn taking it for 6 weeks and she hasn-t smoked since she started. We-ll she how she does when she goes off.
Will the medicine quot;Chantixquot; actually help u quit smoking? -