How many people out there trying to quit smoking.? -

Friday, October 13, 2017

How many people out there trying to quit smoking.? -


All I seem to hear about is why people should pack up smoking. Well if that is the case, why do the Government not make all Quit Smoking Aids FREE from Pharmacies. Junkies can get Needles Free, Why Not Patches/Gum for Smokers.
I was a smoker, started when I was 11- and married at 16, the moment the DR said I was preggers, as I walked out of the DR office, I dump my cigaretts in the garbage can!
stay quit foir nine months.... all on my own, it is a mind thing, anything you set your mind to do, you can do it.
I will admit though some things are more difficult for some others, like I cant seem to loose weight for the life of me! but I drop them smokes like a hot potato!
I want to add, I would goi back to smoking each time I had my baby- (had 3 of them) and when my baby daughter was 2- she picked up a pencil and was pretending to smoke- I said right then NO MORE.
That has been almost 17 years ago.
and I have not had a single smoke.
each time you quit then start back, it makes it harder next time you try to quit, I did it 3 times, and the last time was the hardest, but now I hate smoke, and hate to be around it, gives me headaches.
Good Luck to you ... ((: you can do it!!!!


Report Abuse



The number of times this question appears is unreal. I take it you are a smoker who wants to quit. Well done for taking the first steps. It depends on how badly you want to quit. If you stop buying cigarettes you wont be able to smoke them, Very simple really. It worked for me.
In my experience, very few smokers are happy to carry on smoking. FREE PATCHES ARE AVAILIBLE FROM YOUR G.P. ASK!
i believe that they get approx £3.20 per packet of 20 for taxes. so they making loads of money from us. i always say if its that bad for us STOP BLINKING MAKING THEM. that way no one else will start and we will find it easier to stop as the temptation to buy them wont be there. i have tried a few times to quit but i guess my will power isnt strong enough. i did manage a year and a half once but that nearly killed me.decided to start again.
Quite right! But the government make too much money out of us smokers to ever help us in any way. We-re all doomed. Willpower is the only effective way to give up anyway but after a year and a half I-ve lapsed again.
i agree with you totally.
because the government makes a shed load of money from cigarette taxes...

they tell us they want us to quit smoking...

but if we all did tomorrow, taxes would increase on other things to make up the shortfall.
Because government gets lot of taxes from tobacco products.
HI! I QUIT SMOKING AND HERE IN WEST VIRGINIA WE HAVE FREE NICOTINE PATCHES. I WILL GIVE YOU THE PHONE NUMBER AND MAYBE THEY CAN TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THE STATE YOU LIVE IN. 1-888-422-4876 THE NAME OF THE PROGRAM IS HABITROLE TAKE CONTROL SUPPORT PROGRAM. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Err..They do hun, Ive tried twice in the last 2 years and both times ive been given access to any NRT product that i want, you just have to go your local stop smoking clinic for a consultation and your given them. Its followed up with appointments with advisors to check on your progress. It aint worked tho, the NRT products are just too hideous, apart from the patches and i dont smoke enough to have them.
How many people out there trying to quit smoking.? -