What is the best way/method to quit smoking without therapys,other drugs and/or nico patches...anybody? -

Saturday, October 21, 2017

What is the best way/method to quit smoking without therapys,other drugs and/or nico patches...anybody? -


You neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedd drugs. Go to the drug store and get Commit lozenges or gum. Something that hits the nicotene addiction and the oral addiction. It-s soooo hard to quit - but I have successfully done so 3 times :) The hard part is never starting AGAIN!
self hypnosis, accupuncture, cold turkey. Whatever the method you choose, you have to really want to quit.
Chew gum, take a deep breath, get up and do something else. I am currently cold turkeying myself. It can be done.

Some states offer quit assist programs, check out your state on a search engine. The QA programs give you free nicotine gum, patches, lounges, etc plus mental support.

Good luck!
Stop buying cigarettes.
Cold turkey!!!
only thing left is cold turkey and a mindset to do so.
OMG. The person that said -you need drugs,-- give me a break. I smoked for 6 years. And one day decided, -Enough!- And I quit. You can-t rely on all that other crap. If you want to quit, you can.
You don-t need drugs. you just need to trick your my into another habit. Keep a box of tooth picks in your back pocket and chew on them when you want to smoke. That worked for my friend Katelin. She was very young when she started smoking.
if you find out let me know, i am also afraid to quit cause i don-t want to gain much weight.
My girlfriend did this....the next time u get really sick and u dont feel like smoking, dont. Then by the time u get better it will be at least 2-6 days and it will be easier to quit. She has been smoke free now for about 9 weeks. Good Luck. I-m waiting for my chance to get sick so that I can quit
I smoked a pack a day for 35 years. I tried many times to quit, and would make it for maybe 2 days. One day I was in Walgreens and noticed -Smoke Away- on sale for $39.99. I bought it on a whim, commenting to the cashier that I was probably throwing away another $40. That was 4 years ago. After 4 days of -Smoke Away- I was a non-smoker, and haven-t smoked since.
The stuff works because it actually clears your blood of nicotine--unlike the patch or any of the other chemical-type -cures- which really feed nicotine into your system. With those types, you may not smoke, but you-ll become addicted to whatever you-re using to -quit-. (It happened to me).
So, if you haven-t tried -Smoke Away-, give it a whirl--I think it-ll work for you. Good Luck.
my wife and son put bars on the windows, and bolted the bedroom door shut and feed me thru a hole in the wall. .its been five years and i still want a cigarette.they want let me out till the craveing is gone. so do not even try. its hopeless. they said five more years and they would go ahead a let me out.i wish i hadn-t told them i wanted to quit.but they let me have a TV .to watch . God bless them.
In my case it had gone beyond addiction. Smoking was autonomic. Yet I stopped 40 years back one evening and never smoked again.
What helped me was that it had gone beyond addiction. There was no craving; no withdrawal. There was no increase in weight either. I have been about 120 lbs for well on 50 years. The same as during smoking days.
Call the Quitline and join a Quit Smoking Clinic.
hypnotherapy worked for me
My exboyfriend quit smoking right after we got together because I couldn-t stand it. He always said that he just decided there were more important things in the world than smoking, AND he started putting the money he WOULD have spent on cigarettes in a jar and realized that at the end of the week he had money to spend on other stuff and it really got him excited. He ended up buying a plasma TV with the cash he saved. Just give yourself some good reasons, get friends to back you up, chew gum and have a pen to fiddle with. Start going to the gym too, you-ll notice that your lung capacity goes way up and it-ll give you something to do OTHER than smoke. Good luck! You can do it! I promise!
The will to quit has to be there.You don-t say how long you have been smoking.My brother-in-law smoked most of his life and he quit cold turkey.He was 79 years old.My brother smoked a long time as well.One day he went out and bought a carton of cigarettes and he went cold turkey.He hasn-t had a smoke for over 50 years.
lazer surgery
What is the best way/method to quit smoking without therapys,other drugs and/or nico patches...anybody? -