How can I quit smoking pot? -

Friday, April 20, 2018

How can I quit smoking pot? -


I-ve been smoking weed pretty much every day for the last 3 years...I-m a 23 y/o male. I really want to stop, but it-s pretty hard to. I know I cant really go to rehab for pot, so what can I do to kick the habit once and for all?
As a former pot smoker I feel your pain. Back when I was smoking, my three smoking buddies and I would literally burn through a half of headdies every week. So to say Im familiar with weed is a bit of an understatement.

Anyway. When stopping smoking you need to realize three things.

1. Its not crack. But it will suck...at first.

People seem to think that just because potheads don-t go around raping and robbing everything with a warm hole or twenty dollars it means that its has harmless as Fisher Price. But on the contrary, weed is quite a potent mind altering substance and taking out of your diet after three years of constant use will change a few things. You may be irritable, nervous, full of trepidation and anxiety. Don-t worry. This will pass. Take it easy for a little while. You are changing your biochemistry in a large way. Its ok to have a few quiet nights in or to take on less responsibility if it means you will make it safely through this transitional period.
That said...

2. It takes time.

Just because you decide to stop smoking today doesn-t mean you wont get the urge after a late night at the bars or a hard day at work to burn some hobbit leaf. You are changing a major behavior and just because you -relapse- doesn-t mean your efforts to quit are over. We are the sum total of our actions. What matters is you keep trying. It will get easier to say no thanks.

3. You have to stay away from it.
This was the hardest part for me because my friends never wanted to quit. And if i wanted to see them, it meant being nor further than an arms length away from a bong at all times. The worst part for me was people not taking me seriously or questioning my reasons for quitting.
You have to be firm and tell them with no doubts that you are quitting and to hell with the reasons. Don-t let them offer you a smoke. And when they do (and they indefinitely, reflexively, will) even though its out of the goodness of their hearts tell them it has to stop. You may have to live with not going over to someones house for a little while, and you may loose some friends (usually the worst of the bunch) You may even need to find a few new non smokers to spend your time with. But once you show your friends your resolved to quit the ones that are worth your time should be ok with it.

Really with any substance, heavy using is a replacement for something else. I was a shy and anxious guy and used smoke as a crutch for the pain of socializing. As soon as i had it, i had instant friends.

If you can identify this need and fulfill it with something healthy quitting gets a lot easier. Don-t be afraid of talking to a psychiatrist to get help or medication if you need it. You may need to work through some issues. Or maybe not. I don-t know you personally. Only you can decide.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions.
You need to search within yourself for the reason you feel the need to alter your mental status -- and then find a healthy alternative. You can not break a habit - you can only replace it with a healthier or more productive habit. When do you smoke dope? what is you -trigger-? What can you be doing instead that is healthy and productive? Substitute habits like - exercising, having a hobby (like painting or woodworking) - something that can fill your time, and also give you satisfaction of accomplishing something worthwhile. Try getting involved with your church, Habitat for Humanity or other activity.
Good luck - and May God bless you for trying to turn your life around. -
I know this isn-t a great answer, but you just don-t do it. I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey after 10 years of smoking. And weed is not addictive, it-s just the habit of it. It is still hard almost 2 years later, but I know it-s best for me. And you still could go to rehab, but I would suggest NA (narcotic anonymous) meetings first.
don;t use that web page mike said to use,,,,,,,,
I think, he doesn-t want to be the only jerk using pot.
please listen to the other one kelly it-s a great idea
you have be stronger than your buddy-s and stay away from
them, And you are since you reached out to ask.
find a hip church and get into music christian music is so
cool from Hard Rock to Contemporary and churches love to
have guys join their bands,
most of them have been through the same thing as you are going thur
Get something to distract you get a girlfriend who doesn-t smoke pot. Spend your money on a new pair of shoes before you buy that bag. Get rid of anything to do with weed and don-t hang out with pot smoker-s. Walk your dog, go to the gym, and hang in there even if it give-s you headache-s at first and in the end you will be glad you quit. Good luck and don-t give up!
Read.... anything... put your mind to work. Pot when abused really dulls your thinking.
How can I quit smoking pot? -