Why would someone want to quit smoking? -

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Why would someone want to quit smoking? -


My 3 coworkers and I want to quit smoking, and I want to put together a list of all the reasons why it is a good idea. I have the obvious ones - health reasons (decrease risk of stroke, cancer etc), and basic overall things like we know it is bad, our friends/loved ones don-t really smoke so why are we, etc. Can anyone tell me from their own perspective what they think of when they see a smoker? Or why smoking is gross? Or any specific reason why they don-t like it when someone smokes? Or even, when they quit they noticed ______? Thank you!
When someone has been smoking I can smell them across the room. I have a physical reaction to that smell. My stomach churns and I feel like I am going to throw up. I start coughing and there doesn-t seem to be any other reason but the cigarette odour from those around me. I can-t imagine how difficult it will be for you guys, but let me put this out there....it is an addiction, it will take years off your life and at the moment it is controlling You and your mates. Take control of your own life..I encourage you - go for it!!!!
I-m 10 weeks pregnant, so no one notices, but it really bothers me when someone lights up next to me because they are hurting themselves, me, and my baby. When I see someone smoking I automatically think they are lower class and not very educated. I also don-t like it when I can smell cigarette smoke on someone who is next to me. It smells really trashy! I am glad to hear you are quitting. I quit a year ago and made a nice list for myself to read everytime I was tempted. FYI smoking decreases female and male fertility! Good Luck!
At $5 a pack.. and one pack a day, thats $150 a month you are blowing up in smoke.
At the end of a year, that could be one sweet vacation or a nice widescreen TV, or money you could pay down the principle on a mortgage.
Because you have been brainwashed into believing that you enjoy smoking, that it relaxes you, and that quitting is too hard. All of these things are illusions and lies.
First of all, smoking really is not very enjoyable. Second, the cigarette does NOT relax you, in fact, it causes the stress it supposedly -cures-. Third, freeing yourself from nicotine addiction is quite easy. Nicotine withdrawal is actually painless. We are programmed to believe that it-s supposed to be very very difficult to quit smoking. But it-s that is just brainwashing.
Please do what I did, read the book -the Easy Way to Quit- by Allen Carr. It takes the fear and brainwashing out of the process. And, you don-t even have to stop smoking until you have read the entire book so that you can get rid of the brainwashing first. If I can do it, you can certainly do it!
I am having feelings and sensations I have not enjoyed since I was a child because my senses were so dulled by the smoking. And its only been a few days for me! It-s amazing and I am having no withdrawal whatsoever.
Please read the book. Don-t waste time with the nicotine patch because then you still you have not whipped the problem. And from experience I can tell you its easier without a nicotine substitute. You must get rid of the addiction to nicotine.
Personally, one of the main reasons I decided to quit is because it made me smell so bad. And it was very noticeable, even if I washed my hands. And reeking of the after-smell of a cigarette is disgusting. The second reason I decided I wanted to be free of the nicotine addition is that I want to be in control - I don-t want some crazy impulse controlling me. It made me feel weak.
Good luck to you and your friends. You can do it!
Kissing you will no longer taste like licking an ashtray.
A smoker is a dead man walking. Keep smoking, I won-t miss you.
I hear that food tastes much better when you quit smoking. Good luck!
if you honestly need to put together a list......maybe you have bigger issues.....isn-t the fact that its killing you enough???? good luck though
Smoking is not only bad for YOU, but puts those around you at risk. Think about that. Smoking around your kid? sister? mother? They could all die because of you. Smoking is disgusting. It-s like inhaling fumes and putting nasty chemicals in your body. Also, a lot of people who love and care about you would be very sad to see you lying in a hospital. In the long run, you-ll find that quitting is worth it, tho it may be hard in the beginning. You guys should count how many months you go without smoking, and every month go out for dinner or a movie or something. You-re doing the right thing! Keep it up!
breathing will be easier, you can ride a bike, go out for a run with friends. food tastes better, so does the air. your hair and clothes will smell nicer, your nails and teeth will lose their yellowish color.

good luck. my dad quit after 20 years of smoking.
Another reason that comes to mind...smoking becomes an addiction, so you-re letting it control your life if you keep it up. To quit smoking is to beat smoking. So a reason to quit smoking would be to not letting something else control your life and...............well, yeah. That-s it.
Why would someone want to quit smoking? -