What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Friday, April 20, 2018

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


ive been smoking since am 17 now i-m 25 i wanna quit smoking but i realy cant resist it...guys can u give me a help...?what would be the best thing to do or remedy for a smoker?tnx...i really appriciate it a lot...
Well, I went on the patch. Started off with the strongest and moved myself to lower dosages through the weeks. However, it took more than just the patch. I had to stop or limit myself to activities that would normally make me crave a cigarette. Since I smoked more while in front of the computer I limited my time on it. Didn-t drink during that time simply because a mixed drink and a cig went hand in hand. Limited my caffeine intake because it will trigger nicotine cravings. Didn-t place myself around a crowd of smokers. Didn-t allow anyone to smoke in my home or car. Any time I had a craving for one I quickly reminded myself that I am a non-smoker.
You never truly go without the craving. From time to time I will still get the urge for a cig but it is much easier than it was in the beginning.
Best of luck to you ; )
i smoked for more years then you had and had tried quitting in the past but this past year i decided to do it and i have been smoke free ever since its hard but i went cold turkey and the hardest part is the first month just dont give in and buy more ..i threw away lighters, ash trays and bought gum and didnt buy another pack . i had moments when i felt stressed and really wanted to light up but i found something to take my mind off it and the feeling passes quickly..good luck
I quit 6mos ago. I went to the Dr for a routine yearly physical. I have been smoking since i was 16, i-m 43 now. I never tried to quit, cuz I liked it, and didn-t really think I was being hurt by it. During the exam the Dr noticed my lower legs didn-t have hair, he also pressed hard on my ankle with two fingers. When he removed his fingers the depressions remained. He explained that both were symptoms of -vascular degeneration- brought on by smoking. Keep in mind that my Dr didn-t know I smoked. In the past I had a Dr that gave me sh*t about it everytime I went in, so I switched Dr-s and kept it hidden from the new guy. This demonstration of how my body was being destroyed by this habit made me give them up. Six months and no desire. Now I didn-t just quit, I quit cigarettes. I bought a really good cigar. Cigars stink, they make you feel dirty. So when I just HAD to smoke, I took it out of it-s little tube and lit it up, puffed on it, then put it out and away until my next -attack-. I hated the stench so much it forced me to be stronger, soon, the attacks were ignored, then the went away. Nicotine is a short lived addiction, only lasts about 3 days, everything after that is purely in you head. Good luck!
It-s mind over matter here. If you want to really quit, it-s cold turkey all the way. I-ve seen people use the patch and gum but they did not quit because they kept feeding their body. Just remind yourself it-s the best thing that you will ever do for your body. The sooner - the better. You can do it!
Another vote for cold turkey. It was the only way that worked for me.

BEST WISHES!
YOU CAN DO IT TOO!
I started smoking at 12 and quit cold turkey at 26. My experience is cold turkey. I encourage you to do the same if you are serious because its really not as big a deal as the tobacco companies and pharmaceutical companies are making it.
Check out wisdomways.com. They make a homeopathic remedy called wise choice. It works quickly and well.
I agree with Laura, Cold turkey is the only effective way. The no smoking aids just tease you until you give in.
The trouble is, most people read that it-s very hard to give up and they translate that to mean -impossible-. Yes it is hard, but you can still do it.
My best tip - just stop smoking and don-t make a big deal out of it. Act like you-ve never smoked and forget about it.
Stub out your cig.
What is the best way to quit smoking? -