I quit smoking. How do I take the edge off? I quit before I am doing it again. How do I get rid of withdraws.? -

Sunday, April 15, 2018

I quit smoking. How do I take the edge off? I quit before I am doing it again. How do I get rid of withdraws.? -


With drawls only last about 5 minutes or so...

Just do something to take your mind off it. When the craving hits, get busy! Standing around for the next one, is instant regression because you are dwelling on the -need- of your body to get that smoke into your lungs again!

Take your mind off it, it only lasts a few minutes when the cravings hit...so, if you do this, then you can whip it in no time..

I wish you well..

Jesse
Another good way, is to get a straw.
Now, take red lipstick, and paint the end of that straw red... Then, when you have a craving, just suck on that staw, and the red part will imitate a flame like a cigarette...(helped my buddy when he was in the hospital and he was a 3 pack a day smoker!)...


Report Abuse



Anytime you get the urge to smoke, chew some gum.Wear a patch.
How-s this to help you.Everytime you take a drag on a cig,you shorten your life span by 35 seconds.A pack, 5 minutes.A box of 10 pax,58 minutes.DO the math.
So tough!!! It-ll take a while and don-t expect miracles overnight. Not sure if you are a religious or spiritual person but asking for help from God helps take the edge off. Sometimes you may be asking for help as soon as the thought to smoke enters your head... keep doing it. God please remove this urge to want to smoke. I quit a month before I got pregnant and when I got pregnant I was a loon! I needed meds and my doc put me on prozac. Some people need meds to stop. I-d try God first. Good luck! Best wishes and hope you can stay quit. See site below for more help!
Exercise when you have a craving, also use as much Cinnamon as you can, suck on the hard candy, use cinnamon tooth paste, chew cinnamon gum. Another thing that helped me was to have a glass of grapefruit juice after you eat. It will cleanse the pallet and help with the cravings. Also, if you have a homeopathic store in your area you can go and get these little pills to chew on that cut the cravings and don-t have the side effects of the stuff advertised on TV.
Walk, Walk walk.
And take calcium at night to help you sleep.
Also plenty of liquids, Cranberry juice ( the lite kind, less calories) and orange juice.
Also try deep breathing excercises.
In for 5 count thru nose,
hold5 count.
exhale thru mouth 5 count.

GOOD FOR YOU.
o.k. and really silly but get some bubbles at the store so you can blow them, fun, entertaining and it helps withthe physical addiction of hand to mouth.
i wouldn-t know because i never smoked before, but try chewing gum as a substitute or something like that.
Nicotene gum, sex, running/sports, video games, music, driving, and anything else you like to do, as long as it-s entertaining enough to keep your mind off of the addiction.

TV probably isn-t a good idea - it gets boring. You could excersize - that will be a good way to regain that lost cardio strength/endurance from smoking.
My wife and I are trying to quit as well, this is our 4th time trying, and this is our first day without smoking. The one way I take the edge off is chew gum...just chew...it helps me big time. Also, when I-m home (not at work, but I wish) I watch TV...something funny that will keep my mind off smoking...it-s hard to watch movie and TV shows where people are smoking...I try to stay away from them...but you always can-t...so I chew gum...so, I guess what I-m trying to get across is chew gum...that-s one that helps me and hopefully helps you...I-m hoping my wife and I can get past this first week.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Excersize
I found cracking walnuts with a mallet really helped. And if you ge the cravings real bad, you can pretend you-re a gerbil and gnaw at the nut with a scrunched up nose
When a craving hits, hold your breath and slowly release it counting from 10 down to 1. Also, chew on a cinnamon stick. It worked for me!
try exercise
Make sure you-ve gotten a new toothbrush. And try increased vitamin c intake a little.
I quit smoking. How do I take the edge off? I quit before I am doing it again. How do I get rid of withdraws.? -