Quit smoking? -

Monday, April 2, 2018

Quit smoking? -


I really want to quit smoking, does anybody have any advice or can tell me what to expect?
It wasnt hard for me, I-m an alcoholic though, and it-s horribly difficult to stop. I imagine smoking and alcoholism is about the same difficulty level to stop.




http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…

Get out of your comfort zone!! I quit 10 years ago by getting on an airplane and taking a weeks vacation. This changes your everyday routine and allows you to reset yourself. Also if everyone you hang with is smoking than why would you quit? Get away from the other smokers in your life for a week and see if you still want that cigarette. It worked great for me and I haven-t had a smoke since I got on the plane. Good luck!!
My father is a smoker, for a good 40 years, and he is finally quitting. He is taking this new medication, although a little expensive, and it is working already. It is called CHANTIX(varenicline). You can read all about it at the sourced site. It is working for him as well as a couple of his friends. You take the medication and smoke with it for a week, then you stop smoking all together, or little by little. It has a 44% success rate as opposed to nicotine-s 18%. Good luck, and try to get support from your friends or family as well.
I struggled with quitting myself for many years...

If you want to quit, first you must reach -threshold-. An emotional point where you feel deep within you -Enough is enough, I can-t live my life like this any longer!-. You may WANT to change, but to be driven to action, you must have this burning desire within you. Think about how your life will be, 5, 10, 15 years from now if you don-t have this area of your life handled. How will you look, how will you feel? It-s hard to say what will trigger this spark within you, this is something you must discover for yourself.

If you-ve been able to trigger this mindset, you then need to get a progressive system in place for yourself. Smoking is an additction, which is a mental issue. You need to learn how to re-wire the way you look at and feel about smoking cigarettes. You additionally need as many tips and techniques at your disposal whenever you get a craving. There are many books out there which can teach you how to do this effectively.

Lastly, you need to take action. This is the most important step. It-s one thing to talk about quitting smoking or wanting to quit smoking, it-s another to take that first step in progressing towards that goal. Willpower is overrated, you need to set in place healthier habits and progressively work your way to a smoke free lifestyle.

This website has some good information and links which can help you further:
http://quit-smoking-for-good.org/


Regards,

-Renard
I quit smoking 3 yrs ago cold turkey. I tried many things and nothing worked, finally my Dr told me that the first three days is the worst, once you get over that you will be ok.... It worked. I chewed on straws adn alot of gum.... I have to say that i smoked from the time I was 13 Im now 32... Good Luck!!
niquatin chewing gum
Quit smoking? -