How long is it before you dont have the cravings when you have quit smoking for a little over a month? -

Friday, May 22, 2020

How long is it before you dont have the cravings when you have quit smoking for a little over a month? -


I have quit smoking twice, once a few months ago and two wweks before the new year. How long does it take before the cravings aren-t so bad. Just for the people out there that want others to stop smoking.............i am Not doing it because people want me too. I am doing it because I want too, and that-s different. I don-t do what the majority of people want me to do.
Hey - good for you!!! Congratulations on doing it right the second time around. As for the time frame, that-s a hard one as we all experience our -addictions- differently.

After the first week or two, when the cravings were really high for me, I personally asked my doctor for help and he gave me a very mild pill to relax me. Even though he said they weren-t addictive, I still cut them in half and took them when I couldn-t control my hyperness. Unfortunately, I started in on high sugary carbs and gained a lot of weight when all I had to learn was to substitute certain activities for those last cigarettes I-d gotten my -habit- honed down to. I found that it helped a lot to associate with non-smokers but most of all, to think of myself as a non-smoker now. I quit 20 years ago and have had an evening or two where I-ve had 3 or 4 cigarettes, but the next day, I haven-t felt that the habit has defeated me and that I-m back to being a smoker. I kept concentrating on what I-d achieved and how much effort went into it by sticking to what I wanted to do and not pressure from others. So, good luck (and I don-t think you-ll need the luck part) and I-d say to pamper yourself with lots of fresh air, good company and get in some gym time or a great hike! If you slip up, well, it-s not the end of the world. I just subtracted that day from my total of how long I-d quit smoking.

Hang in there!

Cheers,
ShirleyG.
alot of people say 30 days but i had an aunt that still would break down and cry for one 13 yrs after she quit so i probaly depends on the individual
I had my last major cravings at nine months off.
Now it-s been 16 months and I-ve not had any since.
Before that it-d been at six months and before that
a lot of times.
I was still craving one after about 5 months, so i broke down and took a puff and it made me really ill, that is what it took for me to finally quit. Congrats, I know you can do it this time around!
I am a smoker and have too quite and started again. I believe one never gets over the urge it is an addiction as is alcohol
I believe the urge lessens as one goes through the years but always just a drag away.
Keep trying, you-ll make it .
I-m so glad you are doing it for yourself. I think one has a better chance of success when it-s not pushed down your throat. Good luck to you.
It can take a long time to get rid of the cravings. After all, you probably smoked for years and it-s not going to leave you so quickly. Try to get past the craving. Keep your hands busy and take a deep breath as if you are inhaling. The craving will leave shortly and will return. Just keep busy and keep your mind off it. It will disappear!!
How long is it before you dont have the cravings when you have quit smoking for a little over a month? -