What can I do to really quit smoking? -

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

What can I do to really quit smoking? -


My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I really want to quit smoking badly, but it seems impossible. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been smoking for 15 years. I have tried quitting cold turkey and clearly that didn-t work. I am afraid of the patches because I have heard horror stories about them and the gum tastes nasty. Please help!!
Forget the patches,gum,etc. To quit you have to want to quit.Put your mind to it to yourself,say -I-m going to quit-. Think of the money you-ll save by quitting. At the prices they are now, just think if you put that money in a jar or savings account, you-d come out with money you wouldn-t have had before.
To quit you have to want to quit.
Talk to your doctor and tell him your concerns about patches and gum. There are a lot of aids to help you quit smoking available to you. What works for one person may not work for another. Go to
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index…
and see if there is anything on there that can help you too. Maybe it will have a suggestion that you hadn-t thought of before. Good luck to you.
I smoked for 13 years i never really wanted to quit smoking but i knew it would benefit me in the long run. i tried to quit cold turkey it lasted about 14 hours. i then tried to cut back on smoking i managed to go back to about 4 a day that was the best i could do but never stop.. 3 months later i herd of champix known in the US as chantix. so i went to the doctor and got my first prescription of this. not sure about US but you only get 4 weeks worth after each trip. either way its enough to try it and see if it works. now i started taking these just for the hell of it. i didn-t really want to quit cause i loved smoking. after 2 days of these smokes started to lose there taste. it also blocks the affects nicotine has on your brain so you find you wont enjoy the smokes so much. so i continue to smoke and take the tablets it says you should quit by 14 days but i kept smoking cause i didn-t want to give up. then by day 16 i just stopped to see how long i could go without one.. i have now quit for 1 full week and have only thought about smokes not actually wanted one. without this there is no way i could have ever quit im sure of it.. some people say this doesn-t work. for me i would say it worked better then i could have imagine consider i didn-t even want to give up smoking and i did. do your self a favor and go see a doctor and talk to them about these. cause 3 weeks from when you get them you will have quit. and you wont believe how easy it was..

i also tried patches and gum and it did nothing for me...
Before you quit, pile up all of your cigarette boxes and filled ashtrays in one place that you will see often how disgusting of a habit it is. Whenever you think of smoking, brush your teeth or something..
If that doesn-t work, see a hypnotherapist. They supposedly really work.
chew regular sugar free gum.
What can I do to really quit smoking? -