Is there any way to quit smoking w/out gaining weight? -

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Is there any way to quit smoking w/out gaining weight? -


i-ve tried before but gained 20 lbs as when i was not smoking i ate a lot. now i want to try and quit again on the 29th but i-m afraid of gaining weight again. so my question is how can i quit w/out gaining weight??
Hi, I have set my quit date for the 28th!!

I have bought lots of snack such as, sugar free jelly, low calorie chocolate yogurt, rice cakes and lots of fruit and veg. That way if I do want to --comfort eat-- I will not be consuming so many calories. Another thing I will be doing is chewing sugar free gum, I am someone who cannot smoke if I have just cleaned my teeth etc so hoping if I chew gum then I will be less tempted to smoke.

I am also going to try to do some exercise when I get a craving, If I do exercise for the first 10 minutes (just a gentle jog) then hopefully that will boost me up again and have less of a craving!


Good luck
Next May 4th will be my 50th anniversary. Try to, as much as you can, throw it off your mind. These people who make a -major production- over it are hurting their chances. If the gum and the patch work--fine, but my concern is the above--they tend to make quitting into a -big event-. It is once you accomplish it, but, at the start, cause -overfocus-. Good luck to you. Keep busy--your mind thinking about other things.
As for not gaining weight, learn about calories, and try to find -filling- foods that have thickness to them, but low calorie.
Some are Jello, cooked egg white, like Egg Beaters eggs, diet pop(unless you have special medical problem, the unhealthy diet pop is a blessing if it helps get you off ciggs.)

Jeffrey
Try taking up a hobby that requires clean hands like embroidery, cross stitch, knitting, scrapbooking or a sport or other activity that will keep you active.
keep a smoke in your mouth but don-t lite it.
Is there any way to quit smoking w/out gaining weight? -