Has anyone tried to quit smoking using Chantix? -

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Has anyone tried to quit smoking using Chantix? -


I just started taking it..I have smoked for 32 years
Chantix is a great way to quit smoking with few side effects. For more Chantix information, click the following link:
http://www.121doc.com/champix.html?a_aid…

I am just starting with this Chantix, and am so far satisfied that it is working. I never could get past a few days going cold turkey, and this drug got me to a week now, and looks and feels like it will keep me going without the cigarettes.

But. You have to realize that there are more things than just the nicotine addiction involved with smoking. When you quit, there is a sense of loss, such as when a favorite person or even a pet dies or moves away...you miss the whole smoking thing, even if you end up not being addicted, so you have to solve that.

Probably, you will always be attracted to smoking, so you have to accept that and accept the fact that there will be times when you still have to consciously reject smoking....
Chantix is amazing.

I work in a pharmacy and customers constantly comment on how amazing it is. Since it blocks the nicotine receptors instead of providing artificial nicotine (or low dose nicotine), many report that it just completely wiped out any desire to smoke within a few weeks.

If you-re serious about quitting, chantix is definitely my #1 rec... whatever you do though, do NOT start again!
My mom smoked for 40, worked great. Theres something you should know though. Its not just about taking chantix and trying to quit, its also about behavioral change. My mom had the habit of smoking everytime she got in the car, she needed to find something else to do everytime she got in the car. She had the habit of smoking everytime she got a phone call and went into the balcony. Behavioral change is a big part, and you cant take chantix forever, so after you get off of it, keep stress levels low and find something that lets out stress so when a stressful event comes up, you dont start smoking again.

Also another thing, I work at a pharmacy, and this drug is a miracle drug, they usually dont find drugs like this. So consider yourself very very lucky, honestly. I have had so many customers quit. I know its not easy, even with this drug, but you-ve smoked for 32 years, I think it would be only fair to your lungs if you gave them a break from the smoke for the next 32. Good luck!
Has anyone tried to quit smoking using Chantix? -