What should I do about my withdrawal symptoms ill face since im trying to quit smoking again?!? -

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What should I do about my withdrawal symptoms ill face since im trying to quit smoking again?!? -


I know whats coming... I-m gonna have that notion in my head that -I-m not me without em- or -I cant imagine me without em- or -one wont hurt- its like my mind is playing tricks on me. Then i slip up and dont even realize it. I get aggitated, angry, and sometimes sick when i would try to quit. Whats the best way to quit? I take welbutrin, Lamictal, and adderoll now.
Instead of always making cigarettes the focus of your thoughts, try thinking of yourself as a non smoker to put a different spin on the quitting process. When things start to get stressful go for a walk or sit somewhere that smoking is not allowed until the moment passes. Drink lots of cold water, and good luck in your attempt to stop smoking.
you shouldn-t be taking adderall and antidepressants together, first of all.
adderall is a stimulant just like nicotine.
since you are trying to come off a stimulant, you are replacing it with another one. It may be preventing you from going through some aspects of the -crash- you would feel from coming off nicotine. but at the same time its just not the same drug. your body still wants the nicotine. also, adderall can create withdrawal symptoms from discontinuation of use that you may feel you need cigarettes to ease. So if this combination of pharmaceutical drugs seems to ease you off cigarettes, where will you turn when you want to ease off them? this is making the probability of relapse increase tremendously.

in order for your body to fully adjust to being clean from nicotine, it needs to experience the entire crash. the adderall must be stopped.

you will go through some pain from withdrawal. but withdrawals don-t last forever. addictions on the other hand, can last forever. the only way to break the cycle of use is to go through the pain of withdrawal and then heal, on your own, without substances.
You-re bored in life and you know it! Go for radical life change and don-t look back! Go try living in a different part of the country, but best of all, try to do the opposites of everything for awhile... seek balance and you-ll feel better. Indoors too much? go outside. lonely? go find ppl with idle time, etc, etc.
When you get angry, aggitated, etc., know that it is the withdrawal talking. Try and keep your hands busy. Also, try and cut back on your smoking before you quit...and do things differently, such as if you drink coffee in the morn, try drinking tea instead....
I know what you are talking about. I couldnt ever shake the habit and all of the urges without seeking help. I finally found something that worked for me and it made quiting fairly easy. Now im smoke free with no side effects.
I hear ya. I am trying to quit too and I had/have the same thoughts. I quit for 8 days because of my wisdom teeth and I did it cold turkey. The only thing that kept me from smoking was my teeth (which, by the way, are so bad because of smoking that I may have to get many more teeth extracted- NOT GOOD). Once I passed the threshold of a dry socket, all the thoughts about smoking and whether just one would hurt and how much I needed it came rushing back. I found every way to rationalize it.

While I was going cold turkey, when I would have the urges, I would actually try the whole taking a walk thing and drinking water. It helps but doesn-t work entirely. I then actually got online and started reading stuff about withdrawal and read some horror stories about what happens when you keep smoking, and some more inspirational stories that seemed to not only keep my mind occupied, but scared me a little so that i couldn-t rationalize having a smoke in that moment. Different things work for different people, so maybe that-s just me.

In any case, as soon as I got the ok that all of my sockets had healed, I smoked. I felt crappy about myself afterwards, not even sure why, and went on the patch the next day.

The patch is a godsend. You still have the cravings like after you eat, in the am, and when you are driving and stuff, but your head is clearer and the urges don-t seem unmanageable (like you don-t feel so anxious or feel the intense need to run away and get just one drag). I am not as irritable nor do I have the mood swings (I cried when i was withdrawing while in the grocery store because I couldn-t figure out what to eat!! haha). I don-t know if it will work forever, but it is an option....

In any case, good luck. I am not sure if I will succeed, but I really hope I do and you too. I will miss cigarettes, but the risks just now seem to outweigh the benefits for me so I have to let them go....

good luck.
What should I do about my withdrawal symptoms ill face since im trying to quit smoking again?!? -