How can you help others quit smoking? -

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

How can you help others quit smoking? -


I quit over 2 years ago cold turkey after many failed attempts. I tried the patch, pills, gum and all failed. I did it! Not some product by a -caring- doctor.

What helped me was reading these free articles, all of them!


http://www.quitsmoking.com/quitinfo.htm


All the best to a healthier and happier you.
CONGRATULATIONS ON QUITTING COLD TURKEY, ANS STAYING NICOTENE FREE FOR OVER 2 YEARS THAT IS REALLY A MILESTONE.

EVERYONE DOES NOT HAVE YOUR WILL POWER AND DETERMINATION TO DO THAT, INSTEAD THEY BELIEVE THEY HYPE OF THE PATCH, PILLS, GUM ETC. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU SOMETHINGS YOU ARE JUST GONNA HAVE TO DO IT ON YOUR OWN. MY FRIENDS AND I WANTED TO LOOSE WEIGHT ONE SUMMER AND I WAS NOT VERY BIG ON PAYING A TRAINER TO HELP ME LOOSE WEIGHT BUT MY FRIENDS DID, SO I WORKED OUT ON MY OWN. WHEN OUR 3 MONTHS GOAL I HAD LOST A TOTAL OF 31LBS, AND THEY HAD ONLY LOST 12, 15, AND 19LBS, AND THEY WERE FUSSING ABOUT THE MONEY THAT THEY HAD SPENT. YOU COULD TELL THAT WE ALL HAD LOST WEIGHT BUT I WAS THE WINNER, LOL!. THEY ASKED ME WHAT DID I DO? I TOLD THEM THAT I JUST MADE UP IN MIND TO DO IT AND ONCE I GOT STARTED THAT WAS THAT, I WORKED OUT TWICE A DAY (EXCEPT FOR ON SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS), AND I DRANKED LOTS OF WATER.

BOTTLED WATER: $4.99
WORK OUT PANTS/SHIRT: $10.00
NEW CLOTHES: $200
THE LOOK ON MY FRIENDS FACE WHEN THEY SAW HOW MUCH WEIGHT I HAD LOST: PRICELESS
weel, there are a lot of ways we can help others who smoke. Instead of telling them the disadvantages of smoking, try telling them the benefits of not smoking. Quiting smoking is not easy, especially for those who are chain-smokers. the change has to come from within....the person needs to really want to stop, and to have discipline. quiting also has a withdrawal syndrome that is why we advice them to chew gums and/or candies and teach diversionary techniques.= ) remember: don-t force anyone to stop smoking. Be patient and assertive....it-s their choice, just like it was your choice to stop smoking...
give them lots of gum or alot of jolly ranchers
How can you help others quit smoking? -