Quit smoking 6 weeks ago, why do I want one so bad right now? -

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Quit smoking 6 weeks ago, why do I want one so bad right now? -


I-ve been doing well, but suddenly I want one so bad. It-s like I feel I need the reward I used to feel from smoking. This is the strongest urge I-ve had since I quit. I seem to be becoming fixated on it. I-ve also been eating alot, but exercising it off so my weight has been fairly stable at least. Any advice is appreciated.
You will find times when you hit this brick wall, find a way around it. Congrats on looking for another way to deal with it by asking your internet family. The urge will pass, try to do something to occupy your mind for a little while. Do a few minutes of exercise. Put a piece of candy in your mouth to draw the attention away from the craving. Figure out what works for you so you are prepared if it happens again. Goodluck and stay strong.
The Surgeon General-s reports from both 1964 and a subsequent one from 1988 stated clearly that nicotine and heroin are of equal addictive strength. In short...anyone using either is essentially an addict.
You are a recovering addict...plain and simple. The government and businesses make SO much money in SO many ways from the tobacco business and its -parasite- industries that they DO NOT want anyone to recognize their addiction.
They expect you to look at the guy with the needle in his arm, or the crack pipe and say to yourself -What a lowlife addict.-....but they need you to view yourself as a -smoker-. This euphemism -smoker- helps keep the nicotine addicts stupid...and addicted....generation after generation after generation....so the money keeps rolling in year after year after year...
When you smoke the nicoteine (sp? lol) wakes up your pleasure receptors in your brain, and that-s why it feels like a reward. I-m not sure what advice to give you as I have never quit because I-m so weak lol. Maybe talk to your doctor about getting medication or try the patch for a while?
When you deprive your body of nicoteine the receptors go crazy because they want their high.
Good luck.
it-s possible that you had a lapse and are just in a state of mind when you used to normally have a cigarette to calm you down. try occupying yourself with something to get your mind off of it
Just think about all the money you are saving by not smoking. Say you smoke 1 carton a week. Avg price in Georgia is $29. 29x4=$116 saved weekly! 116x52=$6032 a year saved!
Quit smoking 6 weeks ago, why do I want one so bad right now? -