What is the most effective way to quit smoking? -

Thursday, September 11, 2008

What is the most effective way to quit smoking? -


I know cold turkey is obviously effective but the withdrawl symptoms are a little much. I-ve heard of pills, patches, and gums. Which one worked best for you or someone you know?
A prescription called Chantix. I was a 3 pack a day smoker for 45 years. My doctor prescribed it for me because my emphysema has gotten worse. I have tried everything and nothing except the Chantix has worked. It took 2 weeks before it affected my nicotine cravings. I have been smoke free for 3 months.
Fall in love with someone who cant stand smoking, worked for me. Also keep telling yourself all of the cons of smoking, Have you ever seen an older person and you could just tell from their appearance that they smoke? Do you want to have premature wrinkling and reek of tobacco smoke?
Sadly lung cancer works pretty effectively.

Either patches or gum depending on whether or not you like chewing gum. I doubt there-s much difference between them in effectiveness so much would depend on availability, your personality and also, I guess how much you smoke at present. I-m sure a pharmasist would give you better advice than anyone here on Y!A.
Try a Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking-.
cold turkey worked for me. I tried the gum and it didn-t work because I was just substituting nicotene from cigarettes with nicotene in a different form. I figured why do that? All I am doing is prolonging my pain. So I just toughed it out and quit cold turkey. The first month was really hard, but after that things got a lot better. I still think about cigarettes every now and then, but the thought goes away so quick it-s like nothing happened.
What is the most effective way to quit smoking? -