Is it possible to lose weight just after quitting smoking? -

Monday, September 15, 2008

Is it possible to lose weight just after quitting smoking? -


Stopped smoking two weeks ago, back to the gym last week. Is it possible to lose weight with an active weight training routine even though my metabolism is slowing down? Thanks.
You are doing wonders for your body by not smoking. When they say smoking keeps you skinny, that is a myth. It keeps your lungs black is what it does. It is very possible to lose weight with exercise and eating healthy, in fact you will feel much better! I suggest you buy sugarfree gum so when you crave nicotine, you can chew on it, because they say people gain weight when they quit not from not smoking cigs, but because they buy candy and eat candy constantly.

You are doing yourself a favor! Be proud that you are one step closer to a healthier lifestyle!



Please answer mine?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…

Do not starve your self(it never works, although that-s the first thought that crosses anyone-s mind when thinking to lose weight)Drink lots of water. Your body needs sufficient water to burn fat and keep your cells hydrated and healthy.Eat healthy, drink lots of water, have enough sleep and exercise. This will give you a higher chance of losing weight and improving your health, which would result to a new, healthier you.

Here-s some other quick tips for you:

* Do not skip meals. Skipping meals slicks the body into slowing down the metabolism, attempting to conserve calories during a period where limited fats and fuel are available. Remember that eating increases the metabolism.

* Learn how to make the family favorite recipes and make sure that fats, salt, and sugar are cut out. Substitute non-fat yogurt for cream, stir-fry without oil and use herbs and spices instead of salt to taste.

* As much as possible do not remove the skins of fruits and vegetables since most of the nutrients are concentrated under the skin.

* One of the best sources of vegetable protein is from soya beans or tofu. All legumes provide some protein, so include lentils, lima beans etc into casseroles and soups.

* Remove fat by dropping ice cubes into the baking tray. Fat will stick to the ice cubes.


If you have started losing weight, just remember it-s a question of will. Keep doing what your-re doing, stay away from junk food and sodas, and you will feel more healthier and alive than never before.
Have you tried fasting for a couple of days? I wanted to do it right and still get nutrients so I used the 2-Day Fasting Formula from Beachbody and lost about 9 pounds. I am sure everyone has different results but I tried it and it worked for me. By allowing your body to stop breaking down food for a day or two, your metabolism can get caught up so it is able to begin burning off stored fat.

They say that theses are the key benefits for using their fasting formula:
? Helps reduce cravings and burn off hard-to-lose fat
? Supports total-body cleansing
? Supports and invigorates the body’s natural energy production
? Supports increased weight loss from your fitness routine
? Available in Chocolate and Vanilla
You can order from here:
http://mediterraneandiettip.blogspot.com

Yes it is possible. I was in the same situation not too long ago. I stopped smoking awhile ago and I was worried about the same thing. If you stay active and eat within reason you shouldn-t gain too much weight. You might not even gain weight at all. I actually lost weight. I was worried about gaining weight as a result of quitting so I started exercising more than I had been and I changed up my diet. I-m about 10 pounds less than when I was smoking. It helps to just build up a habit of working out regularly and eating healthy regularly. I use
http://www.fitclick.com
to track my workouts and diets. My friends and I use the site and we keep each other motivated.
The best way to lose wight (also the hardest way) is to do lots of exercise and eat not much, mainly carbohydrates (flour bread pasta ect) lay of the sugar and fatty foods, and do exercise! 5 mins every hour will do it.
count calories and keep them at 1200-1500 a day. your a bit heavier so maybe start of THE MOST at 1800. dont drink anything but water, a lot of unknown calories come from drinks.

fill up on fruits and veggies!
eat very healthy.
can-t you go walking at all? thats like working out but not vigorous. if you are allowed to do that i would suggest 30m-1hr a day
I heard it is rarely possible to do, since your metabolism drastically slows down when you quit smoking. I smoke and want to quit but I am also trying to lose weight too. I know, it-s hard, isn-t it? sorry, i guess this is a bad answer, but good luck! wish me luck too!
Spices increase your body metabolism and thus help burn fat. Examples: Cumin, Hot pepper, Cayenne peppers, Ginger, Turmeric.

Drink lots of water it helps to increase metabolism.
See:
http://loseweightguide.info/index.php?p=…

hey. i have a weight loss blog about my weight loss -journey-. i lost 70lbs so far, i talk about how i do it and stuff. only 20 more lbs to go. yay! anyway, feel free to check it out
http://ifinallydidit.wordpress.com/.
you might be able to relate to some stuff i talk about. good luck.
One of the products that can help you deal with hunger pangs and uncontrolled weight gain is Zyroxin.
Is it possible to lose weight just after quitting smoking? -