What are some tips to help me quit smoking? -

Friday, September 26, 2008

What are some tips to help me quit smoking? -


I-m trying to quit for my pregnant girlfriend. What are some tips to quitting, because it-s very difficult to me? I-d appreciate anyone-s help.
Think of the possible consequences before lighting the cigarette. Smoking can cause one several different kinds of cancer, especially lung cancer, but also tongue cancer, as well as other kinds of cancer. It also affects your budget to certain degree. Generally speaking, the average smoker in the United States spends over 100,000 dollars in a decade-s time simply by buying cigarettes. That-s quite a bit of money, which certainly can be used much more effectively, going on vacation for example. That amount of money can also be saved for future tough times. As we are currently witnessing, economical recessions happen in cycles more often than people might think.

Moreover, think about the way smoking impacts your life. For instance, you happen to be at a meeting, while the urge to smoke is eating you inside. You lose your cool and the meeting doesn-t go very well. Think of your future son or daughter and the smoking will impact them - unfortunately, infants and young kids are much too vulnerable to afford smoking around them; second-hand smoking can cause breathing illnesses and cancer. Its effects are nearly the same when compared to mainstream smoking.

Plus, in reality, regardless of the great number of people who smoke, smoking is still seen skeptically among non-smokers. To your face, a lot of people will not judge you, however behind your back they might do so.

To sup up, pull yourself together and believe that you are going to beat nicotine ... many people have!
I have quit a number of times. What seemed to work best was to give my self another alternative to the activity of smoking. Whenever I wanted one I would go make myself a cup of tea, or take a walk outside, or something to give myself a break. The patch makes it easier. The lozenges gave me a sore throat. I also visualized my lungs black and encrusted like the bottom of an ashtray every time I craved one.

The hardest, but best way, is to just stop.
In the Uk you can get free prescription patches or inhalers.
Set yourself a date to stop, say about 4/5 weeks hence.
Meanwhile, think about the damage smoking is doing to
your health and finances. Put a jar aside, and put your
ciggy money in there. (I bought a microwave oven after just
3 weeks). Avoid situations when you normally smoke.
If you have a fag after dinner, then keep yourself busy. Do
the washing up!
I found that the inhaler both gave me a shot of nicotine and
gave me something to do with my hands...it-s pretty much
like smoking, without the damage.

(I admire your for wanting to stop, not because you particularly
want to, but to help your girlfriend)

My Dr. told me not to quit. Quitting causes stress and will harm the
baby. So I cut back to 5-7 a day. The result. 3 pregnancies, 3 big
and healthy babies. All because I listened to my Dr. His advice
benefited my children.
Avoid other people that smoke, at least for the first two weeks. Try chewing the gum or the patch. Mostly it-s just mind of matter, and realizing that you really don-t need it. Don-t bother reading tips and statistics, just do it.
drink coffee instead, ask your doctor, seek help. give someone a dollar ever time you smoke a cigarette. Or you can draw a picture of a un healthy lung to remind you that smoking can kill you.

Don-t be another statistic
Try some gum that helps you quit, wear the patches, and stay away from the smell and everytime you start to crave some try to do something to keep you busy.
Just throw them in the trash, and like, think of all
the consequences that you-ll get if you DONT stop,

like cancer for instance, theres no going back
once you get cancer from smoking :)

Cold Turkey. Decide one day to give it up and then just do it. I woke up one morning and said -That-s it. I-m done.- I never looked back. If you have to, take a camping trip for the weekend so that you don-t get the urge!
well you can always use gum allways ,allways have it in your mouth so when you go for a smoke you-ll remember not to. and sun flower seeds are good, try to get addicted to them instead.
My mom used Chantix and it worked. She was a two pack a day smoker and she-s doing wonderfully. I think it cost $120 but you only need to buy it once and hey,it works,so its worth it! :) Good luck
do NOT smoke in the morning.
try and make it through lunch. if you work in an office it is easier.

the less you smoke, the less you you want it. TRUST ME.

gum is good too
I tried using the patch and quitting cold turkey. Honestly though, try Chantix. It-s pretty much amazing. You have weird (not scary) dreams and you will not crave cigarettes at all. Seriously.
theres another SAFE drug called chantix, and its a pill
it works REALLY good
and there ia a special type of gum call nicotine
that also works good
Just keep busy, chew gum to help with nervousness, and try not to flip out on people, even though your probably not going to be able to help it.
Work on your self control. Convince yourself that you are stronger than your silly addiction and just stop. Its not like you will die or anything if you quit.
Every time you crave a cig think about your child, and how much he/she means to you. Don-t choose a cig over your family.
Cold Turkey my man...........Its pretty good on some bread or you can just eat it plain.
Uhhh I DONT KNOW
why dont you calm down and order a pizza
if that doesnt wirk
chew some gum or sunflower seeds

I smoke and I never crave it.
Craving it is all in PEOPLES HEADS!!!!!
get one of those cone things they put on dogs to keep them from scratching themselves lol.
every time you get a craving instead of smoking chew some gum
nicotine gum
Nicotine patch/gum

Then slowly decrease the use of those two
Patches, gum, and keep yourself busy.

http://www.smokefree.gov/


tons of other sites with good ideas.
STOP!
yes just stop.
don-t buy cigarettes. do it for the baby!
chupa chup lollies helped me or just sweets
remember y ur doing it
seriously man...ask GOD 2 help u cuz u dont wanna be smoking around ur baby
What are some tips to help me quit smoking? -