How do I quit smoking safely without gaining weight? -

Friday, September 26, 2008

How do I quit smoking safely without gaining weight? -


I have been smoking for 23 years and I have tried many ways to quit and have not been successful at yet. I did quit for 4 years but did it cold turkey way and I gained too much weight. How can I quit safely and not gain any weight as I am currently trying to lose from 155 lbs down to 130 lbs. Can anyone help me?
there-s two things that lead to weight gain for most people who quit smoking.

1. biologically, your body no longer has to spend calories to detoxify itself from the cigarettes. which means if you eat as you did while you smoke, you-re going to end up storing those extra calories.

2. behaviorally, you-re used to doing something physically to occupying yourself, whether it-s just holding the cigarette or actually taking a puff.

i-d suggest you keep both of these things in mind and try to solve them in whatever manner suits you best. for #1 i-d suggest either cutting down your calories (just slightly, maybe like 10%), or begin adding regular exercise to your daily routine. as for #2, you can start chewing sugar free gum or snack on low calorie veggies.
Hi when I quit last year I went on a diet at the same time as i knew i would pile on even more weight so I would suggest if you want to improve your health generally, lose weight and have more energy then getting some nutritional help is vital. Once your body starts to absorb the right nutrients and vitamins and protein then you’ll be amazed how quickly you will feel the difference, usually within the first 48 hours if you get the right supplements and help. I had no energy and felt just generally rotten all round so I sought the advice of a nutritional coach (whose advice was FREE) and got myself some great products, I even got free samples before I got started so I could see just how good they were!! There is a website called myhealthabc.com If go on there and fill out the details (you must be over 18 and you’ll need a debit or credit card-or someone who can help you) page you will get a call with no pressure about what you need. There is a mall area as well that’s got some great info and its all set out with easy to follow headings so you can find what you want. It’s so easy and the stuff they have is excellent. I have been using their products for over two years and I feel great. I lost 70 pounds in less than seven months!! My sister lost 60 pounds in five months. The stuff is amazing. Try them you won’t be disappointed. I even started to use their skin care range last year and my skin is in such good condition now. All my facial marks have completely gone. Try them you won’t be disappointed.
Take a look at the information on the blog and see if it helps.
When you quit, try not to replace cigarettes with food. That-s the only reason people gain, they eat too much. You need another distraction like working out when you crave a cigarette, or drink water. Anything that is not food related.
try chewing gum for starters then call to see your doctor he should be able to help you out.good luck
unless you gain 70 pounds from quiting cold turkey it is healthier to quit
I wish I could help you but I am in the same boat.I haven-t smoked in ten weeks but I am getting bigger by the day.I am very close to buying a pack and starting again. Good luck!!!
How do I quit smoking safely without gaining weight? -