How can i convince father to quit smoking even if he doesnt care about all those health tips i tell him? -

Thursday, August 25, 2016

How can i convince father to quit smoking even if he doesnt care about all those health tips i tell him? -


Hit him in the wallet. Tell him about all the things he will be able to afford once he quits spending the $150.00/month, or so, on smokes.

Look him in the eye, like my two boys did, and tell him you don-t want him to die on you.

Tell him you would like for him to smell better.

I think he does care about the health tips, he-s just so hooked on smoking, that he-s in denial about them.

-Nuff said?
Unfortunately you can not make your Father quit smoking. In fact the more you nag him about it, the more he probably wants a cigarette!
A lot of people think that if they keep lecturing people on what not to do then they will magically just stop, well I-m sorry but it doesn-t work like that.
The only time that your Father or any other smoker is going to stop is when THEY want to.
Say to your father not to smoke because of that i am also affecting.And also say him to meditate daily.This words spoken by him/her should be lovely.
You can-t love. Sorry but you can-t convince him. You can point out the smell! You can complain and bring the entire family in on it. I found the more it-s in your face the more you think about it.

If he thinks about it enough, he-ll do the right thing.
I can-t remember who said it, but one of my favorite quotes is about smoking. -Quitting-s easy - I-ve done it a thousand times-.

Quitting permenantly is another story. I am a smoker. I don-t want to quit, but wish I wanted to quit. This is what I am doing in the mean time...
I don-t have the ultimate desire to quit, but want to be healthier so I-ve done a few things to help a bit.

1. I excercise more. Some studies say that those who smoke and excercise regularly are healthier than those who don-t smoke or excercise at all.
2. I take breaks from smoking. I know smoking is effecting my health when I become really tired for 3 or more days for no reason, my sinuses/allergies are acting up more than usual or I have a lot of trouble sleeping. I then take about three days off from smoking and feel better.
3. I drink a lot of water. This curves appetite as well as cigarrette cravings.
4. Keep busy as much as possible. When the mind is off of cigarrettes, the desire is gone. I don-t know about you, but the no smoking adds on television and on billboards everywhere are the worst things for me. They just remind me of the fact that I smoke and trigger the need.

Not sure if this is anywhere near Dr. recommended, but it may help a bit until he is completely ready and determined to quit.
He won-t be able to quit until he is ready to. Just tell him you love him and that you want him to stick around for a long time. Be supportive. Let him quit on his own terms. You could request information from the American Lung Association. Emphysema and Cancer are not pretty. They both lead to terrible deaths. Imagine suffocating while your family watches. That-s basically what happens! Good Luck!
You know what? You can-t. Smoking is an awfully difficult addiction to give up, and trust me, even after you give it up you still want it. Health tips can sound like nagging. You may want to tell him that there are good things to help, but don-t nag, it-ll just make him feel guilty and that-ll make him want to smoke more.
you can-t. let it be. it is his decision to make, not yours.
The answer is LOVE. Try to pay attention to him and love him more nd more. Dont keep tellin him to quit, because addiction cant be forgotten that way.
How can i convince father to quit smoking even if he doesnt care about all those health tips i tell him? -