I quit smoking..please help..weird? -

Saturday, August 6, 2016

I quit smoking..please help..weird? -


I just quit smoking (over 1 week now) and when ever I go to sleep I have real bad dreams, and wake up overtop my girlfriend with a weapon or something..what do I do?
LOL
I quit two weeks ago and had wild dreams and appetite attacks from hell!
Sleep pattern all messed up

i am now getting back on track..
as the withdrawal is waning away..
but i did want to buy a machine gun to take with me in rush hour traffic
were your cigs laced with crack? You need help and you need to sleep alone with your bedroom door locked.
It is most probably your bodies way of trying to get you to smoke since you are so used to it. Trust me it will stop as time goes on.
I don-t know about the weapon part. But when my boyfriend quit smoking he also had very bad nightmares.
First of all realize that you did not quit smoking. You stopped. There is difference between quitting and stopping. A car can stop and start and the behest of the driver. A car that quits will not start at the behest of the driver. You are trying to quit.
Secondly, you are having dreams that you relate to the fact that you are trying to quit smoking. Well who told you that you could double for Dr. Phil? Are the two events related? Probably not. Your dreams world is separate and distinct from the real world... at least it should be anyway.
Finally, you feel the need to have some sort of control over your girl friend. Work on that issue now. Realize that she is your girl friend because she wants to be... not because you want her to be.
Are you on drugs?
are you using a patch? if so i had the same problem when i quit. take the patch off two hours before you go to sleep hope this helps
I quit smoking about 7 months ago, and i never had symptoms quite like that. You might still be experiencing nicotine withdrawal which can take about two weeks to overcome. You might need to invest in some meds to help you cope, i have had a few friends take paxil, and they said it really helped them cope with the withdrawals.
if it was just bad dreams then i would say that is normal but waking up with a weapon is not. I would go get help you may have a disorder that did not surface until your body went through the stress of quitting. your doctor can help you fine someone to help it may just be a matter of a good medication.
are you serious...if you are then it sounds like you need to visit a United Pentecostal church...talk to somebody get yourself prayed for. I mean that with compassion.

Be praying for you.
The patch made me have bad dreams
It-s one of the classic withdrawal symptoms:

Withdrawal symptoms can include any of the following:

* dizziness (which may only last 1-2 days in the beginning)
* depression
* feelings of frustration and anger
* irritability
* sleep disturbances, including having trouble falling asleep, staying asleep and having bad dreams or even nightmares
* trouble concentrating
* restlessness
* headache
* tiredness
* increased appetite

Yeah, it ain-t easy but keep on truckin- ,,,,,,,,,,and not smokin-.
Sounds like the cure is worse than the condition. See your Care provider ASAP - you may be on the wrong med type for your system. There are many new non-nicotine patches and pills available try one of those. This sounds like a bad side effect of whatever meds you are taking to quit. Please change Meds ASAP before you hurt someone or yourself. Good Luck!
good job quitting!!! just stick it out another two weeks, you-ll get better.
believe it or not it will go away. when i quit (i-ve since unquit) but i had anxiety attacks and still stayed quit for about 2 years. maybe see your doc for some mild sedatives or something
wish I could
i went through the same thing when i quit smoking. it-s just a side effect of your body going through the nicotine withdrawal. your brain is not used to the lack of nicotine so a bunch of things that may seem weird are happening inside your body. they-re only temporary, so give it time and you-ll be back to normal. my advice for now if you think you may be endangering your gf is just to stay away from her while you-re sleeping until your sleep patterns are normal again.
Go to the doctor immediately and/or sleep in a different room and have your girlfriend lock her bedroom door.
I had such weird dreams when I quit smoking too. I had lots of nightmares, and really vivid stuff...When you are detoxing off the cigs, your body does some strange stuff. I had problems sleeping, eating, nervous stuff for several weeks after.
I am going to be a non smoker for 10 years on Oct. 31st., and I had a pulmonary function test last week. He said my lungs were normal again, and back to where they would be if I never smoked, so I got out in time.
Stick with it and it gets better, I promise!
Congrats on the quitting.
go get some help
I quit smoking..please help..weird? -