Quit smoking? -

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Quit smoking? -


want to quit smoking. whats your advice? if youre an ex-smoker can you share your experiences to me? thanks a lot!!!
Asking for advice is a great first step! I-m a few hours shy of day 56 without cigarettes. There are prescriptions you can get from your doctor that will help. There are Nicotine Replacement Therapies like patches or gum or lozenges. There-s good old cold turkey. There are a multitude of support groups.

I used the lozenge for about a week even though the instructions call for longer. It started to make me a little nauseous so I went cold turkey after that.

All in all though, desire to quit is the key.
A making the step to quit smoking. I just recently quit in about March and I did so cold turkey. One morning I woke up with a heavy chest again and coughing up a lung and I decided today I was going to quit smoking. Luckily for me I did not have any cigarettes on me because I had finished my pack the night before.

So I went to work without giving into the temptation to stop at the corner store for a pack and I have not smoke a cigarette since this. Honestly you just have to have the will to quit. If you are not ready then psych yourself into getting ready. Look at all the negatives you live with, short of breath, always reeking of smoking, limiting your romantic partner, the $$ you spend, and tell yourself you deserve better than that. At this point try whatever means you might be comfortable with, the patch, cold turkey, gum whichever. After 24-72 all the nicotine is out of your system. If you can make it a week without the stuff through the headaches and mood swings your doing good. For the most part it might be the mental stuff that pulls you back in. Loved a cigarette after a big meal, with a beer, going out with your friends? You have to limit the activities you do after you quit at first that lead you to smoke. Yes it might stink not going to the bar with some friends on the weekend for a month or so but wait until you are strong enough to avoid the temptation. Lastly, always keeps something to keep your mouth busy when you get an urge, either gum or sugar free candy. It helps. Good Luck to you!
I had to take a job that was a 48 hour shift and no smoking and I smoked. It was tough at first with the withdraw from nicotein. I asked my doctor about a patch and he said he wouldn-t Rx it because he didn-t want to treat the problem with the drug that was causing the problem. After a few weeks I made a connection that my work place did not smell like smoke and when I returned home after shifts and always found my house did smell like smoke, so I lit up a few days and went back to the job and it got easier. I have since cleaned up the house so it doesn-t smell like smoke. I also play in clubs and it was always bad for musicians to sit through the haze for 4-5 hours in a smoky barroom. They passed a no smoking law and people can-t smoke in bars here anymore. I-d say stay away from the tobacco smell and like my doctor said you need to quit, just quit.
Quit smoking? -