How did you quit smoking? -

Saturday, August 6, 2016

How did you quit smoking? -


I ran out of money. haha
Smokings expensive.
In Arizona I pay about 8 bucks a pack.
I almost had a heart attack when I went to Cali and only paid 4 bucks for Marb Reds.

Anyways- you just have to suffer it out. It-s like having hunger pains, wanting to eat, but wanting to lose weight and not eating lunch. You feel discomfort- but you just have to deal.

also everytime I crave a cigarette I try to do something healthy for myself. Like- when I crave a cigarette in the morning soooo bad, I-ll go take a walk.
Just think of heart disease, think of cancer, stroke, bronchitis, and think of emphysema! There are approximately 4000 chemicals in cigarette smoke, many of them toxic. The ingredients in cigarettes affect everything from the internal functioning of organs to the efficiency of the body-s immune system. The effects of cigarette smoking are destructive and widespread. Cigarette smoking causes 87% of lung cancer deaths. Cigarette smoking alone is directly responsible for approximately 30% of all cancer deaths annually in the United States. Each year, a staggering 440,000 people die in the US from tobacco use. Nearly 1 of every 5 deaths is related to smoking. About 87% of lung cancer deaths are caused by smoking. Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among both men and women, and is one of the most difficult cancers to treat. But not all of the health problems related to smoking result only in deaths. Many of these smokers are suffering from more than one smoking-related condition. The diseases occurring most often were chronic bronchitis, emphysema, heart attacks, strokes, and cancer. Emphysema is one of the worst things to live with that you can imagine. I watched my mom suffer with it for years. There is nothing worse than not being able to breath, it-s like torture. You can go on for years like that. And you know what it can be like to live after a stroke?

If all this is not enough to motivate you to stay quit, or get you over the cravings, than nothing will. Than your a fool indeed. Sorry to be harsh, but I have always beieved some of the dumbest people in the world are smokers who keep on smoking. Yes it-s a powerful addiction. I smoked when I was a teeneager, also use marijauana, cocaine, pills, speed, narcotics, etc. I quit them ALL!! I am almost 50 and can hold my breath or sing a single tune for almost two years. I play the tune game with my daughter. Everytime I do, I think to myself Thank GOD for good lungs and being able to breath easily, and I would NEVER smoke in a million years!



http://www.smokerslungs.com/smokers-lung…

cold turkey, no money for smokes, pay for gas at the pump, and don-t go to places that sell cigarettes, most stores have assigned registers or special locations to buy them, just stop using them, if not just hold them and put them back at the very end when u are about to pay, i started when i was 14 quit at 17, I-m really proud of that, but still take one about once a year. for old times sake.
i quit by having niccotine patches, but it didnt work, so i went cold turkey and it worked, have faith in yourself and remember, cravings only last a couple of minutes or so, if you learned to walk, drive, talk, run, there the hardest challenges of all, but quitting is tiny, all you have 2 do is put down the last ciggi down! GOOD LUCK XOXOXO

from KitY :o)
I developed a severe rash like whelps on my legs and buttocks around the age of 9 and I had to stop.

It was either that or my dad said he was going to kill me if I ever filched another cigarette from off the top of the refrigerator. That was the FIRST time I learned that cigarettes were harmful to your health.
I actually kept the pack in my pocket (one of those hard cases), and just decided -Okay, I don-t wanna smoke anymore.- It-s all about will power. But I-m lucky. Very few people are able to just up and quit cold turkey.
Hypnosis is effective to quit smoking. How? check @
http://hypnosis-knowthyself.blogspot.com…

Hi there, I don-t smoke but I have a friend that managed to quit smoking after he read the tips on this website.
been smoking now for about 10 years and I cant quit, patches, gum, chantix, -bout to just try cold turkey.
Quitting smoking is easy. I have done it 3 times since Father-s day.
believe in yourself, and find something else when you want to smoke again, such as eat candy
you just stop it your body doesnt need smoke to live
chew gum
How did you quit smoking? -