Has anyone taken the drug CHANTIX to quit smoking and has it worked for you? -

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Has anyone taken the drug CHANTIX to quit smoking and has it worked for you? -


My wife took Chantix just as prescribed (one week on Chantix before quitting). She quit and when the first month ran out, she didn-t get the next one filled. She has been completely nicotine free for 2 months now and she is doing fine.

I dipped snuff for 30 years and quit COLD TURKEY on June 2 of this year. Yes, it was difficult the first week, but now I don-t even think about it and I certainly don-t miss it.

What it all comes down to is this, you have to WANT to quit. Have someone you respect there with you to help you past the tough times. YOU CAN QUIT - I PROMISE, YOU CAN DO IT!

GOOD LUCK!!! -
I did not but quit smoking one fine morning or afternoon. I just felt an invisible presence near me and felt as if some one is setting some switches in my brain and that is all. I never felt the desire to smoke again. Same thing with drink too.
my dad did take some type of drug to help with the smoking and yes it did work. also I know several people who went to a hypnotist for smoking and that also worked

smoking is the worst thing you can ever do to your body....please try anything to quit right away..
I took it for 2 weeks and didnt feel it helped, but I had given 100 % of my willpower to quit smoking and it has been since March22, and I have not had a cigarette.

I have a few friends (female) who took it and they said it worked good for them, however they did take it for all 3 months.

The biggest thing to remember, is you have to WANT to quit and you to give 100 PERCENT of your willpower.
quit being weak and quit, cold turkey.

good luck.
I haven-t taken it myself but I-ve talk to 3 people (one being my mom) and all of them have quit with Chantix. My mom quit in May and the other two quit a year ago. It-s good stuff! You just have to be ready. I also know two people that have been taking it for over a year and still smoke like crazy because they aren-t ready to give up the cigarettes.
I personally didn-t, but my close friend did and it helped her, she hasn-t smoked now for 4 months. My husbands boss also took it and he-s been smoke free for almost 2 months, and then a close friend to my husband took it and he hasn-t smoked for about 4 weeks, so I guess it could work. I quit smoking on my own cold turkey 6 years ago, and I-ll tell you, I STILL crave them now and again, but whats the point of starting back up now!! Well, good luck to you whatever you decide to do. I know it-s hard to quit, but it-s amazing how great you feel afterwards.
Has anyone taken the drug CHANTIX to quit smoking and has it worked for you? -