What are some tips for quitting smoking weed? -

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

What are some tips for quitting smoking weed? -


i am 21 years old, i have been smoking pot since i was 13. i think its time for me to quit now. things in my life were great before weed and i know things will be great after. its the first couple weeks or even months that are tough. does anyone have any advice for me on how to cope with what i will be going through?
Quitting a habit is hard but can be done. I used to smoke marijuana before I was involved with Jehovah-s Witnesses. When I came to an accurate understanding of the Bible it changed my life and I decided to quit smoking weed. It was a tough decision at the time but I persevered and succeeded.
There is some amount of physical addiction regardless of what people say. I felt stressed for a while but it was not as bad as giving up cigarettes.
The No.1 of success is to have made your mind up completely that you really want to do this. You need that determination for should you be at a weak point and need the strength to continue with your ambition.
I succeeded from smoking it for years every day to now I don-t even think about it in my daily routine. That gives me a real burst of achievement satisfaction that I had beaten the habit and I am in control instead of being controlled by a drug.
I am a student nurse and I am a social smoker and I-m able to meet a lot of people who smoke (as well as those in Mental Hospital)

so here are some tips for you:
1. Smoking is not like something that you can throw in a blink of an eye so its okay that you really crave for it. But it is only at the start of it.
2. You may experience withdrawal symptoms because it is its nature. but if there-s a will there is always a way.
3. Try to eat candy specially if there is a feeling of crave. Try to fool your brain by putting an attention into another.
4. There is a gum that can help you cope with it.
5. Ask your doctor on what can he say about your problem.
6. Think of this process is not only for your own good but also for your family friends.
7. Motivate yourself.
8. It can help you cope with the process.
9. Try searching for web site that tells something about SMOKING..


note:
this is not complete...
Do NOT to quit -cold turkey- as they say, which means quitting a habit instantly. I find that it only makes you crave it more. What I suggest you do is regulating your usage. Set an amount for you to use every week or so and try and keep that routine. Then slowly reduce that amount whenever you feel like you-re smoking too much. It-s fine if it seems like it-s taking too long, just make sure you don-t increase the amount you are taking. Also try and avoid the people you normally do it with. This helps out a lot. I really hope this helps man. I-m just happy that you-re trying to stop the habit.
I-ve noticed that the only troubles I-ve ever had when taking extended breaks from marijuana use is with sleep and that-s because I-m used to smoking before bed. Other than that I had no other withdrawal symptoms or cravings. The fact that I smoke cigarettes also helps but I don-t suggest starting that because that is one habit I really wish I could get rid of. Because marijuana is so rarely addictive or very weakly it is usually sheer will power that will get you through. You can also create a rewards system for yourself to replace the one instituted by the use of cannabis. Every time you don-t smoke bud have a cookie or something. See if your doctor can help with sleep. A really good home remedy is taking something called Gaba (recommended by my psychologist you can just get this at health stores and things
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GABA)
you can also take a melatonin supplement which is like a mild serotonin, creates no dependency, no withdrawal, no chemical markers on drug tests, clears out of your system really fast, and only works about 20 minutes after you take it so go to bed right away. (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin
hey waddya know it affects your circadian rhythms). Anywho start with sheer will power. Move to herbal and organic sleep aids if that doesn-t work. After that talk to your doctor. No more help should really be required this but if you really need it just go to a few meeting of NA (narcotics anonymous
http://www.na.org/)

there is nothing in weed that is addiciting as far a like a chemical or anything like that(unlike cigs)really its just a mind thing.you have to really wantin to stop smoking weed.you can-t change someone unless they won-t to. so i suggest finding another vice,like drawing or gardening just another hobbie to take its place.something that will stimulate. have strong will power don-t let nothing control you. you have to control it.
you have made an excellent start by talking about it. go and see your gp to get in touch with some professional help and if in the uk there is a phone line you can call for advice.

there are a whole lot of issues to address in your life, now you have stopped this what are you going to do instead? just leaving a whole in your life will make quitting doubly hard.

what sort of thing are you interested in? any activity from joining a swimming club, salsa group or just calling learn direct to improve your qualifications would be helpfull. what time of day were you smoking because its then that you will need to be busy.

please let me know how you get on and best of luck
Honestly, just think about your future. If you ever have a great job opportunity places are starting to do hair follicle testing which can trace to years back! Is it really worth blowing something good that could come your way? Is it worth that 1 time it takes to get caught? I-ve decided to quit too and its not that hard of a choice for me because I don-t think its all that great anyway. If this country didn-t have a stick up their *** and it was legal it-d be a different story, but they take it way too seriously and its not worth being on your record. You can do it. Good luck.
Weed is not physically adictive so it shouldn-t be too difficult. Take it easy when you first give up and take up a fun hobby. Tick the days off from your calendar each day that you don-t smoke weed and give yourself a pat on the back. Don-t forget to tell your friends that you are giving up. If you feel anxious, there are tablets to relax you that you can buy from health food shops that are not addictive.
First. Throw away Youre weed. I-m 13 and i used to smoke for alittle bit, We got caught and it automatically stopped us for fear of recieving more beating and stuff lol, But definitly throw it away. Delete ur dealers number, Throaw away sources of ignition. And Keep thinking about what its doing to youre body apart from the obvious effects of -Feeling high- Just try man. itl be hard but good luck
Ask Frank.
Just stop. Weed is not addicting like cigarettes. Just stop
Just say no and stick with it. Pot is only addictive mentally.
It-s not addicting, so just don-t do it anymore.
You could always move and start all over
Just stop. Or you could turn yourself in.
Its really not that hard...
go rob a rehab of all there methadon
You could always just....smoke more. Yeahhhhh...
What are some tips for quitting smoking weed? -