Quit Smoking? -

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Quit Smoking? -


I think I-m more addicted to actually smoking cigarettes than the nicotine itself. I want to quit after I get married this February. Does anyone have any advice? Or know any doctors in NYC who could help me quit?
Make a list of the reasons you want to quit and the benefits. Write them down. Refer to them often. When you have a bad crave, read them.

Put together a -Quit Kit- with things like gum, hard candy, straws (to chew on), paper clips and rubber bands (to keep your hands busy) and whatever else you think may help you in your quit.

Drink lots of water. It helps clean your system.

Be prepared to have rough spots and feel uncomfortable for awhile, you are addicted to a drug and your body will go through withdrawal. But, it will pass as long as you do not smoke!

Find support. It is sooo much easier to quit if you have support. Try visiting www.quitnet.com. This site is amazing. A group of wonderful people support each other in their quits!

Quitting is the best decision you could make! It is so worth it!

Quitting is not easy, but it is very simple. Simply don-t smoke!
its the nicotine and other stuff that you are addicted to,dont kid yourself.
you do not need expensive doctors or trainers to get you to quit,you just need some good old fashioned WIILPOWER!!
Hi! Well i have tried to quit atleast 3 diffrent times since 2001! The longest I quit was for 6 months. I did discover why I start back to smoking. Every time I did start back it would be like 2 weeks before Christmas.... The stress and worrie drives me crazy and I break to the point of having a pack of cigs. I quit with those Hot Jolly Rancher hard candies! I had to buy like 3 big packages a week at first but in about a month I was like only buying 1 pkg. aweek. Well I hope this helps you and Good Luck with the Marriage and smoking....
You could always trade that addiction for a healthier one, for example, if you get a craving you chew some of that nicotine gum, and over time you could mix in more and more regular gum until finally you just chew regular gum, then you-re only problem is needing gum, and that at least shouldn-t shorten your life and the lives of those around you.

Just don-t try the cold turkey method, because that hardly ever works unless they had just started.
Hypnosis works! Trust me. It may take a few sessions but you can buy cds on ebay that will help.
if you-re a heavy smoker then don-t stop entirely immediately.
just smoke lesser and lesser each day until you finally get to zero.
key point would be determination as the withdrawal symptoms would be bugging you, so look for someone to control you or smth.
you can try nicotine sweets available in pharmacies to reduce the withdrawal symptoms caused by nicotine.
I started smoking for a very stupid reason. when i was in college some guy was smoking next to me. Stupid me thought i would try one and that would be that. Boy was i wrong. i came home for Christmas and my dad warned me that i would get addicted. I just did not listen. I have smoked on and off for the past 9 years. My doc gave me a new drug called chantix. you keep smoking while you take the first pack of of the drug (i think its 10 days) and than you stop smoking, but keep taking the pills until you are ready to stop. My advice for those who smoke or are thinking about it. DONT even have one cig.. once you do you are hooked and for those who already do smoke. STOP. i know its easier said than done, but you will feel better, you will smell better and most of all..you will live lot longer.
sCold turkey. That was the only way my mother could do it because she was allergic to the patch and has had negative effect with ati-depressants.

A doctor can prescribe you anti-depressants to help you quit smoking.
just stop smoking
Quit Smoking? -