Quit Smoking? -

Friday, March 17, 2017

Quit Smoking? -


What is the best way to quit smoking permanantly?
A mixture of counelling, support groups, freinds and family who are supportive of your endeavour, and a good anti-depressant, such as Zyban.
There are many ways to quit smoking, BUT willpower is ALWAYS the one thing you can-t buy. We have an innovative new product to replace your tobacco cigarette with an electronic cigarette. The device gives you the -smoke- (vapour) and nicotine the way you are familiar with. www.elitecigarettes.co.uk


Report Abuse



You will quit smoking permanently when those malignant tumours found in your lungs have spread throughout your body and you are lying there alone on a hospital bed gasping for your next breath. Nurses can be heard laughing in a nearby ward, looking forward to the end of their shift when they will be able to go home to their families - but alas for you it-s too late....
dunno..never tried
I-ve never smoked myself,but my Mum and 2 aunties all went for hypnotherapy to help them quit about three years ago. It cost them around £70 and definately worked. Good luck
Alan Carr-s books/CDs have helped a few people I know stop. If I was stopping now, I think that-s the way I go (thank goodness I did it 20yrs ago.)
To quit smoking, stop buying ciggarettes.
buy something that stops you smoking
I joined a support group, it helped knowing i was-nt alone. I used patches but you can discuss what-s best for you. Hav-nt smoked for nearly 3 years, feel better, look better, go for it, you can do it.
I was on 40 camel a day my girl friend said if i could quit for 6 months she would be my wife ! we have just had our 5th year as man and wife. i did it with patches and will power. if i can do it anyone can. good luck. Also keep this in mind the money i saved has payed for two Florida holidays!
Well I-ll tell you, I just quit 28 days ago and now i know im strong enough never to go back to smoking. Was smoking a pack and half a day for 6 years strong, and you know,

All it took for me to quit was to sit down and actually think about smoking, the pros/cons and ALL i could come up with were cons. Negative health effects, smelly, costly, and i finally decided it was just plain Gross. The first 2 days were the hardest after that it has been pretty smooth sailing i dont even think about cigarettes anymore! Just keep reminding yourself that YOU are stronger than the cigs. ITS SO GREAT....I FEEL SO GREAT....you can do it too give it a shot, good luck.
It took me three years to give up, lots of stop/starting with the periods of non smoking getting longer and longer. I found the gum quite good...if you chew lots of it and force yourself to keep chewing it the resulting nicotine high is so disgusting it is very offputting. Makes you feel really quite sick. I stopped for six months doing this, but unfortuatly started again. I have stopped for two years now.... the answer? pregnancy! I had trouble stopping for me (secretly I liked smoking to much) but it was actually easy to give up for my baby because I had no choice.
Quittings for losers
Wish i knew, but willpower i guess, its not easy.
Can-t speak from personal experience but.....
any addiction if it has really taken a hold then it could always be a recurring problem or temptation.
My sis managed to quit and so did her boyf. but I don-t think they were ever heavy smokers. Clearly strong will-power and a clear idea of what you are seeking to achieve and why will be necessary in order to quit successfully.
Have you tried nicotine patches, nicotine gum?
Avoiding smoky places and areas of temptation - your regular newsagents ? Just a thought anyway. All the best. Joe
willpower definately... it took me hundreds of attempts and i didn-t succeed until i was completely ready. i have been a non-smoker for 9 months now. also with each craving tell yourself that it will only last a few seconds and ignore it til it goes away, it gets easier over time, drink water while you get a craving. when you-ve finished your craving will be gone...
every one is different...find your reason to stop..find your habits and why you smoke...then find what works best for you to quit.... nickotine..........thats the addictive part.
Just you, yourself(asked yourself what benefits you could get from smoking)?
Pick up a book on how to properly undergo juice fasting, (you can find one on amazon.com),.. and do a seven day juice fast. This will clean out the nicotine from your body and allow you to let go of smoking. ....That is, if you are really serious about quitting.

From what I have read,.. quitting -cold turkey-,.. is the best way to quit. The most people have the most success by quitting cold turkey. If you want to support yourself in quitting cold turkey by cleaning out the nicotine chemical addiction from your body,.. then do a proper seven day juice fast (while not smoking at all), .... and you will break your addiction to smoking.

And don-t listen to ignorant people who would discourage you from fasting. They do not know what they are talking about. Fasting is the most natural and health promoting practice one can perform. It has been utilised for thousands of years towards the promotion of health and well being.
There are several different methods and not all of them will work for everyone. It is an individual thing.

Hypnosis is one, Biofeedback another, patches, gum, cold turkey, cutting back and limiting etc....It all works per the individual.

I work with clients to reduce the issues that create the need to smoke. Once those issues are resolved, the need to smoke is eliminated. Then we work on the health issues left from smoking. And also on stress reduction, weight reduction etc.
ONLY will power helps. nothing else...
Its not just the nicotine. Its also the other 50+ chemicals they out in cigarettes. Also the main problem is habit.
We have been used to having body sensations which we translate as -my body needs something, which we have attempted to satisfy by having a cigarette.
When we try to stop smoking, we still get these -my body needs something- sensations, and we still feel that we want a cigarette. We have to train our body to be more selective. When we feel we need something, we have to work out what it is that we actually need.
A glass of water is an excellent substitute if nothing else comes to mind, as it helps with the clearance of the toxic substances in our body. Another good substitute is a bag of salted peanuts, used in combination with the water.
Another thing to do is to find an activity which occupies the mind or body. Go swimming - nobody wants to smoke while they are swimming. Slowly, as our body adjusts and translates the -want something- feelings into something other than cigarettes, then the feelings begin to go away. We know its not a cigarette that the body really needs, because as soon as we-ve had one we still have the feeling, and want another!
I just quit last Monday ( Cold Turkey ) My boyfriend still smokes like a chimney ... I also started a diet on the same day so I may be just plain nuts, but so far im doing great ... Drinking about 60oz of green tea a day has helped me to be full of energy so im doing alot more and running in circles more to keep me busy and not think so much about the smoking or eating ....
first is ur will power!!!!!!

second thing is.......ur will power!!!!!


third thing is.....talk to ur doctor friend n family to help u quit it!!!...be honest!!!
Willpower.
try his book, it worked for me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy…

after smoking for nearly30 years ive given up for a week to help me i tried patches niquitin cq i cant believe how good they are but i supose you need a bit of willpower as well.
patches, gum, doctors help (local stop smoking centre) and will power. it-s the only way! or you could try hypnotherapy though i don-t know anyone who-s tried this and stopped for good.
Think it is useless .......i still have the stress
Quit Smoking? -