I quit smoking about 5 months and 2 weeks ago and I still am hacking up fleghm and tar, When will it end??? -

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I quit smoking about 5 months and 2 weeks ago and I still am hacking up fleghm and tar, When will it end??? -


i smoked on and off for about 5 years. When will it end???
This is a good sign, this is your lungs repairing and healing themselves, it may last for quite some time more, you smoked for 5 years, it will take a couple years to completely fix the damage.

Dont give up, it-s worth it!
It might be over soon, just don-t give up. Actually it is a good sign, because your immune system is working properly and your lungs are still getting rid of all the tar. You are still coughing, because the cilica (fine hair) in your bronchial tubes is growing back and ejecting everything that doesn-t belong in your lungs. Going through this phase is good, because it is a reminder of never picking up another cigarette.
Congratulations.
I quit smoking 6 months ago, and haven-t coughed for quite awhile. If it is bothering you, you should have a sputum test done to make sure you don-t have a lung infection.

I smoked for 55 years, and am so glad not to be coughing any more!
yes i gave them up also . it took about two years
You wont know when it clears yet. Because it depends on how much time you spent on smoking. Go to the doctor to get x-rays
on your heart just to be sure
I quit smoking about 5 months and 2 weeks ago and I still am hacking up fleghm and tar, When will it end??? -