Do you have any personal quot;tricksquot; that helped u quit smoking? -

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Do you have any personal quot;tricksquot; that helped u quit smoking? -


I am very well read, and have researched MANY ways one can quit smoking. WHAT REALLY HELPED YOU? I-m looking for innovative ideas! (Please don-t respond with: -ZYBAN- or -GET THE PATCH-.) Been there, done that.
The reality is that you need to approach it from a stopping a habit perspective rather than a nicotine withdrawal perspective.
Popular culture and the drug companies have taken a minor annoyance like nicotine withdrawal and made it out be this huge horrifying experience- it-s not. Granted for the couple of days it-s a pain in the *** but that-s about it.
Glad I could help


Report Abuse



Just quit! that is what I did 33 years ago when a pack of Marobaro-s cost $0.45 per pack.
I tell you what worked for me was to just stop.Cold turkey. No patches, no gums, just no cigarettes. After the first few days you fiend for a smoke but you just can-t give in. If you can stick with it for 21 days then you have created a habit. Of non-smoking, and by then you should be well on the road to wellness. I smoked from 14 to 24 then quit a pack a day habit. I haven-t smoked for 10 years. Sometimes I still think about it, but not enough to start up again. It-s to expensive on the wallet and mostly on your health. So that-s my two cents worth. Hope you are sucessful.
i have tried everything also, and nothing works, one of my friends broke down and paid alot of money to get hypnytised (sry i cant spell), and it worked, i was surpirised. she started smoking again about a year and half later, but she it made her just not want to smoke. I have yet to try it. good luck
Do you have any personal quot;tricksquot; that helped u quit smoking? -