Has anyone tried laser treatment to quit smoking if so how much did it cost and how well does it work? -

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Has anyone tried laser treatment to quit smoking if so how much did it cost and how well does it work? -


I quit smoking 9 years ago with laser therapy. You DO need to go in there with the attitude that you just want the laser to help you but have decided to quit. Just use it as a tool. I paid $150 back then, sat in an easy chair with a pair of goggles on and she lasered all of my fingers, took my watch off and lasered my wrist and also my nose and forehead. You don-t feel anything and they talk to you about the benefits of quitting the whole time. When I left, the first thing I did was reach for my cigarettes...only to discover there was no way I could put one near my mouth! I had smoked for around 25 years! For some reason, after the laser, the thought of putting that cigarette to my mouth was almost obscene..I don-t know why that is. My family said that I was very easy to deal with, I wasn-t sure if I was being a bear or not! For the next week I felt kind of -stoned- all the time and really didn-t miss it that much. They told me that every time I had a craving, I should just massage my earlobe (she lasered that too) and the craving will go away. It worked! They also told me to make sure I got tons of vitamin C and B complex.
A reputable place offers you a second treatment for around $20 if you should fall off the wagon and some even offer a 3rd!
I wish you the very best of luck with this...it worked for both my Father and I...not my Mother though, she died of cancer 2 years ago.
Exactly what do they laser? Your fingers so they-re burned and you can-t hold a cig anymore?
I-m not positive on the exact details on this, but a guy that my hubby works with gave laser treatment a try. I think my hubby said it cost him $150. It is supposed to help with the intial withdrawl symtoms. It did help with that. But it doesn-t take away the desire to smoke. So if you don-t really really want to quit smoking and you just can-t then it-s a waste of money. The guy I-m talking about works with a bunch of people who smoked so the temptation was there all the time. He did alright at first but ended up smoking again. He just couldn-t break the -habit- part of it.
Never heard of it...interesting though
I haven-t tried the laser treatment, anxious to see answers to this question, but the hypnosis is crap.
Has anyone tried laser treatment to quit smoking if so how much did it cost and how well does it work? -