I quit smoking 4 months now and have been fine. In the past week Ive been wanting a smoke in the worst way, -

Saturday, July 14, 2007

I quit smoking 4 months now and have been fine. In the past week Ive been wanting a smoke in the worst way, -


I-m sure it will pass but will I be having these problems for the rest of my life? Will I ever be a non smoker? Is this normal?
I quit 25 years ago, and still get an occasional craving. Rarely, like once a year or so. It is truly an incredibly strong mental addiction.
BTW, I told myself 25 years ago I would start smoking again when I turned 70, and I still plan on it.
Yes, it will pass. I-ve known many people that have quit cold turkey with great success. You may want to try containing your nicotine cravings by becoming active. Try working out (aerobic and anaerobic - weight lifting). You-ll appreciate the overall better health you-ll experience: working out and no longer easily winded because of smoking. Best wishes!
Come on, you-re not going to throw away 4 months of doing without, are you??
We-re better than that!
Yes I am sure it is normal, however it is important not to give into the urge. All the hard work you have done to be smoke free for 4 months , you would have to do over again, and it is not worth it. Stay smoke free, drink a lot of water chew gum, and stay smoke free. In time you will not be able to stand the smell of tabacco or smoke. You just need some more time, to breathe fresh air, and take good care of your lungs. Keep on keeping on. Stay out of areas where there is smoking
This is quite normal and while the desire will pass, you can expect such flare-ups for many years.

I encourage you to evaluate what is going on in your life right now. Are you under a particular amount of stress, change, anxiety, etc.? Something that could be triggering your need for a cigarette. If you can identify the -trigger,- you can logically develop some alternatives to cigarettes for dealing with it.
Yes this is normal...... when you feel the craving inhale and exhale 8 times then drink a glass of water by the time you do this the craving will have gone drink plenty of water to flush the nicotine from your body alternatively try nicorette patchs.
I quit smoking 4 months now and have been fine. In the past week Ive been wanting a smoke in the worst way, -