How do you quit smoking? -

Thursday, July 5, 2007

How do you quit smoking? -


Any ideas to help me out?
It is really easy all you have to do is start another habit like eating a straw and it will quickly change. The habits never die I am sorry. But you will get better from not smoking.
My sister in law, quit, cold turkey. She was in the hospital seriously ill and the doctor told her, quit or die. She said she put her-s up in top of the cupboard so that she would have to climb, to get one, and quit cold turkey. My husband, her brother, said -If she can quit, anyone can-. But the damage had already been done, but she did live 5 years after that. My brother did not quit, and died, 10 years ago, next month. Will that make you quit?? If not, just sit down and figure out how much it is costing you. that should do it.
DON-T START!!!
see photo ........
Stop smoking and wait it out with all your strength. It won’t kill you but you will feel very uncomfortable. This is the only way. There is no magical pill or patch that will make you quite. Quitting is all up to you and your will power. Good luck!
ring a quitline!
try smoking cigars. but the best way is prob to start chewing gum instead.
Quit Cold Turkey! I did 9 weeks ago. It was very hard the first 3-4 days. I stayed in bed alot until the withdrawl was over. Then you have to stay away from Triggers. (Ex. I smoking 3 cigs every morning while reading the paper at the bar in our basement. I didnt even go in our basement for a month). Driving in the car was the hardest thing to get over. But I had to count the hours that I last had a puff of a cigarette, then counted the days, then weeks, now its months. I dont want to have to start from square one and go through that withdrawl again. So it helps me not to start again. Besides I-m saving about $30/week and I feel great.
Just a pointer though. Everytime you want a cigarette eat vegetables or fruits. I turned to cookies and sugary foods and gained 8 lbs in a month. I-m back on track now and I-m working out and eating right. No more wheezing or losing breathe from the smallest exercise. GOOD LUCK! Its worth quitting!!!
Perhaps a web search for -quit smoking- + -natural ways- might be of interest.
How do you quit smoking? -