I quit smoking and diet coke over a wk ago, usually have good skin but have developed acne this wk, how come? -

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I quit smoking and diet coke over a wk ago, usually have good skin but have developed acne this wk, how come? -


I-m 29 and haven-t had skin as spotty as this for about 10 years, usually my skin is greasy but smooth with only the odd spot, is this new outbreak due to stopping smoking and diet coke? how long is it likely to last? I-ve been drinking lots of water but i am still very spotty, help!
its called stress your body just stopped cold turkey whether you felt it or not you were under HUGE stress and it caused you to break out
My guess (and it is just a guess) is that you are stressed from withdrawal from nicotine and caffeine. Get some nicotine gum to help ease the symptoms from the nicotine withdrawal, and wean your self from Caffeine, no cold turkey. You will have a headache for about 2 weeks from the caffeine withdrawal. But is does go away eventually. I used the nicotine patch and quit smoking almost 3 years ago after being a smoker for 28 years. I got off caffeine about 10 years ago because I was having trouble sleeping at night.
stress. you have thrown yourself into disaray to fast. But hang in there and don-t give up.....
You may be inadvertantly touching your face more because you are not holding the cigarette anymore and also like what the other said, stress is incredibly harsh on your body. Good for you quitting smoking. Keep it up.
I quit smoking and diet coke over a wk ago, usually have good skin but have developed acne this wk, how come? -