Trying to quit smoking, any suggestions? -

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Trying to quit smoking, any suggestions? -


I am trying to quit smoking and would like to hear form other people what helped them to kick the habit. I recently lost my stepfather to lung cancer and I think that was a wake up call to me. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I quit 5 months ago with the patch....highly recommend it. Good luck to you.

Chew on cut straws, pretzel rods, sugarless gum. Avoid sugars and candy. Clean out your car real good, Febreeze the seats, headliner, carpeting. Clean the crap off the windows. If you smoke in the house, same thing, give it a good cleaning to get the smell out. Throw away your ashtrays and lighters (you don-t need them for anything else, don-t make excuses to keep them). Have a friend or family member for support and encouragement. Also, tell as many people as you can that you are quitting. Don-t want to embarrass yourself by re-starting.
Trying to quit smoking, any suggestions? -