How do I quit smoking? -

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

How do I quit smoking? -


I really need help. I have been smoking for about 6 years and i decided i really need to quit! What is the best way to quit? How long does it take? Please Help!!!
here-s a cool way; fill a little jelly jar, (peanut butter jar is a stretch) halfway with water. then put some cigarrettes in it (however you want, cut up or whole) and carry the jar around with you. whenever you feel like smoking, sniff the jar. IT SMELLS GROSS!! then you realize how ugly smoking is for your body. keep doing that, never say oh well, i can skip the smelling this time, i get the point. only stop smelling when you dont find yourself wanting to smoke anymore! this worked for my uncle, i hope it works for you :)
Gradually cut down to nothing. So if your smoking a pack a day, go down to smoking half a pack. When you get used to that then decrease the amount again until you get it down to nothing.
use your will power and quit cold turkey or gradually smoke less and less everyday. Chew gum when you have the urge to grab a cigarette. Keep yourself busy so you dont think about it
stop buying cigeretts
How do I quit smoking? -