How do I quit smoking? Without the aid of over the counter smoking cessations? -

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

How do I quit smoking? Without the aid of over the counter smoking cessations? -


EASYWAY – ALLEN CARR

It is a method by which instead of dealing with the chemical addiction – although nicotine is the easiest to be addicted to it is not that strong in that withdrawal is really not a big problem - it is the psychological side that is dealt with. It essentially de-programs your attitude towards smoking.

The method does not use gimmicks like nicotine replacement, it does not require any will power what-so-ever, it does not result in weight gain, no shock methods, you can carry on smoking through the course, and once you are done you are a none-smoker with no feelings of depression, no withdrawal or feeling deprived – just a happy ex-smoker. It also addresses many of the social issues, such as latest anti-smoking attitudes within society, that I found very helpful and I wish more non-smokers would read this book to better understand the problem of smoking, we-d have a lot less miserable ex-smokers and a lot less smokers if more people read these books or attended the clinics.

Easyway books have been international best sellers for over 20 years now, the clinics cost £200 on average for not just one session but any additional sessions you may like, they have a full money back guarantee – the clinics have a 90% SUCCESS RATE!

The books can be bought from Amazon for as little as £0.14 used/new, if you look through his books there are quite a few variations, the books are essentially the same as what you-d get taught during the sessions via the clinics, they are just a different way of getting the information to you.

Books -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_…


See Easyway site for more information:

http://www.allencarrseasyway.com

or

http://easyway2stopsmoking.co.uk


QUITTING SMOKING DOES NOT NEED TO BE DIFFICULT!!

The Allen Carr organisation is now considered to be the leading authority on stopping smoking and clinics based on the method are established across the globe. The Allen Carr organisation helps approximately 3/4 million smokers a year to discover what Allen Carr discovered in 1983, an easy way to get free! In the last 20 years we estimate that Allen Carr’s Easyway to Stop Smoking has cured more than 10 million smokers worldwide.
Stop putting cigarettes in your mouth.
Just tell yourself you are going to quit. Set a date and time. Then go for it. Sheer will power!
if you can find and eliminate the stress in your life or find something that really rewards you and do every time you need a smoke but watch it with the weight
just do it cold turkey, and evertime you wanna suck on a stick, pop a lollipop in your mouth
Just throw them away. It takes 10 days to get the nicotine out of you system. It takes a life time to get over the mental addiction.
read easy way by alan carr
Its been said but i will say it again - ALLEN CARR!

Best thing in the world, no will power and you can carry on smoking until you want to stop - the further you go through the book the less you want to smoke, until you are totally stop smoking all together :o)

I will also say anti-smokers should go hang themselves, to put it nicely, if you don-t like smokers then why not help them to not be smokers rather than make out that they are stupid or deserve the way they are treat or the effects of smoking - ******* morons.
The last cigarette I smoked was right before I went into the hospital for preop tests for throat cancer. 10 days of intensive care and no vocal cords ended my addiction.
im sorry but i just love watching smokers suffer,
they sell out when they start in order to be one of the in-crowd - and then they suffer for having tried to look cool.

such a lame thing to do - force yourself to inhale smoke that chokes you and that you hate, just to belong.

a punishment for devious social climbing wanna-be-s.

its perfect.

ah karma.
Go with the first answer. Easyway by Allen Carr is amazing. If that doesn-t work, nothing will.
Allen Carr !! Allen Carr !! Allen Carr !! Allen Carr !! Allen Carr !! Allen Carr !! Allen Carr !! Allen Carr !! Allen Carr !! Allen Carr !! Allen Carr !!

It-s amazing how the government would rather back gimmicky nicotine replacement methods over Easyway, also amazing how many people pooh-pooh the idea without even trying it, social brainwashing along the lines of -If you smoke you-ll die, if you quit you-ll be miserable- is what you have to beat, not the nicotine!
just take the plunge and do it, thats how i did it, no aids, and dont avoid the difficult situations.

just get stuck into your life as you would do now, minus the cigs.

willpower also helps.................
I was a smoker for many years, 40 a day. Tried all the methods available and found only one thing which really worked. Will-power. If you truely want to stop. You will. With out aid. But you truely have to want to, not for anyone but yourself.
if you have 40 a day, cut down to 39 the next day, 38 the next, 37 the next, etc etc
There-s a 10-step program that I used to teach for stopping smoking. Here are some of the steps:
1. Brush your teeth after eating (every meal). Your body has been conditioned to want a cigarette after eating.
2. Drink Grapefruit juice in the morning. I know this sounds wierd but it actually works to change the taste in your mouth.
3. Use cinnamon-flavored mouthwash in the morning and evening. Again, this is important to change the flavor in your mouth. You might also try cinnamon gum.
4. Tell your friends that smoke that you are trying to quit and that you need their help. They shouldn-t smoke around you.
5. Put up signs around the house to remind yourself of your goal.
6. Get rid of all smoking paraphanalia around the house like ashtrays, or leftover cigarettes.
7. Use deep breathing exercises to get through difficult times. Don-t do deep breathing while driving or you could pass out.
8. Do the steps everday for 2 weeks

That-s all I can remember but I saw it work over and over. If you do the steps it will definitely work. Good luck!
RX I-m with you man.......the only way is to get a VERY VERY interesting hobby.

otherwise you could try the patches that chemist sell....i stopped for three months with their help.....but.....i-m back on the minging tobacco sticks......whatever happens mucker best of luck..
chop you fingers off and fill you-re mouth full of putty,
or just sheer will power.
always option b
omg i wish i knew if you find out post it on here ill be watching
My husband smoked for well over 35 years man and boy and at the age of 53 he took himself off to a hypnotherapist and after just one session he never has touched another cigarette and that was well over 10 years ago.

Though he oftened fancied one when he went for a drink he never did succumb. Even the smell from peoples cloths puts him off. And now he often remarks why did he never noticed the horrible smell on his own cloths.

I did not make him give it up it is something he decided himself.

Give it a try it may just work for you.

Good luck!
Why... i know many people that have given up .... most have very bad breathing problems... my Mother-in-law / Father-in-law both gave up 2 years ago... there both dead ..!

I gave up for 5 years , and was so ill , my GP told me to start again ..! But to Cut down the amount i smoke.

Now i smoke 20 a day ( Down from 40+ ) and fell great....
I quit with the prescription Wellbutrin SR. I drank beer too and now I can-t stand the taste of it. It worked double for me. Good Luck.
Try Will power or self help books.
15 years ago my grandad quit after my kid brother made a comment and he was a 45 a day man it took him a while but her saved up all his ciggy cash and has taken us to Egypt 3 christmases on the trot no lie

Good Luck
Gradually cut down and find something to substitute when you-re craving a fag like sweets or something. You won-t be able to stop immediately but slowly and surely if you have you mind and heart set to it you-ll be fine. Wish you all the best.
lol @ First Answer. I just bought the book yesterday. I-ll let ya know how it goes.

Allen Carr - The Easy Way To Stop Smoking
$14.99 Barnes and Noble
ok just don-t buy them and when
you want one just think of something eles
I started working out more, and found more productive things to do so I did not have time to smoke
I-ve been hanging on to this question for when I decide to quit. I guess I-ll hold on to yours as well.
The only medicine that really works is between your ears. JUST DO IT. That-s what i did.
I gave up three years ago. I did not use any chewing gum or patches. Just willed myself that I could do it. Too be honest I got to the stage where I was sick of smoking and decided to give up. I had good days and bad days - I think you have to be 100% sure that you want to give up otherwise it does not work. I brought myself and car and learnt to drive with the money. Having a little treat each week kept me motivated. It is really hard but if you are motivated enough you will carry on. I must say it is the best thing I have ever done. I visited the pub early on when I gave up because this is were I used to smoke about 50!!

If you are sure its what you want to do then you will succeed!! By the way I used to smoke 40 and day in the week and up to 60 at the weekend and I was only 31 then!!
How do I quit smoking? Without the aid of over the counter smoking cessations? -