How can she quit smoking? -

Friday, July 27, 2007

How can she quit smoking? -


My Friend Nikki can-t go more than two hours without smoking a ciggarette. I care for her health are there any tips or secrets I could tell her to help her quit the nasty habit?!
Leave her alone, she prob hates you
I smoked for 25 years and wasn-t sure I would ever quit. One day, after doctors found a spot on my lung that could have been cancer, I just turned it over to the Lord and I woke up and had no craving and haven-t touched a cigarette in 7 years. My health has been damaged, but it would be a lot worse if I hadn-t quit. I know it is VERY DIFFICULT to quit, but turn it over to God and he can take that desire away. It may not be tomorrow, or even next week, but in HIS time. And visit a hospital where someone is dying from lung cancer. Visit that person and see what can happen to you. It-s very bad.
Hey Jimmy,

I-ve tried just about every method there is out there with zero success.
Gum patches and all the other just did not cut it for me, not to mention cold turkey which was the hardest, I even tried the electric cig and it is just no match to the real thing.
Eventually a friend told about a NLP method, you could do the same for your friend :).
Get her to check out this article
http://www.squidoo.com/Not_Smoking_Any_M…

It’s the one that got me off the cigs and smoke free for GOOD even without gaining weight! :)

Good luck kicking the habit!
J.
My husband is a heavy smoker. When I was pregnant with our daughter he promised he would quit...three years later, he still smokes two packs a day. The problem with smoking is that if the individual does not want to quit, they won-t. The hard part is being a good friend, without stepping over the line, yet maintaining your concern for her health. You might suggest all the money she could save, ( or spend on something else she really likes..shoes, clothing, etc...) if she quits. The new tax on those suckers is going to cause their price to sky-rocket. Money can be a pretty big motivator. One of the best things you can do is NOT nag. I nag my husband all the time, and he feels like I am attacking him personally, and that it is not the cigarettes I have a problem with but him as a person. Be supportive, and let her know it is out of love and friendship you care, and nothing else. There are all kinds of smoking cessation programs that are now free, and the website for TRUTH, the anti-smoking campaign, is awesome and has all kinds of stats, ( there is rat poison in cigarettes and arsenic!?) and cool ads. This might be a cool place to start and get some more information. Here is the link:
http://www.thetruth.com
Remember, cigarettes are highly addictive, and quitting is never easy, but with your support, she is already one step ahead of the game.
they really dont pay attention and miss out on alot of stuff thats recently going on.U may want to tell her that smoking can eliminate ur brain cells.VERY IMPORTANT:get her away from lighters as much as possible
Simply quit! Just like me! In one second with no effort! Smoke may cause death! IN another one second! Do it now! Quit smoking!
How can she quit smoking? -