I quit smoking 3 days ago and started using the patch. i have felt tired and sick since... is this normal? -

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I quit smoking 3 days ago and started using the patch. i have felt tired and sick since... is this normal? -


i feel like everything is all bright. and i have heart burn. can you smoke at all while on the patch. i have not i was just wondering. are these symptoms just from not smoking or are they also from the patch?
Tired ? Yes As nicotine is a powerful stimulant and now you are getting less in an indirect way. Sick? Hmmm. maybe you are having a reaction to the patch but I never had that. Heart burn ? never heard of that either. Have you been eating a lot more ? And close to bed time?
I have never used the patch but when I quit smoking I felt a little queasy-and tired-but it could be from the patch-can you try to quit without the patch?

Well like I said I haven-t used the patch-but look on the box to see if it lists that as the side effects?

The best advice I can give for quitting is look up quit smoking on the internet you will see a boat load of web-sites that list all the people who wish they would have quit smoking when they had the chance, That worked for me....
You are going thru withdrawal. When you put the patch on in the AM, you get an initial hit of nicotine in the first hour, but then it tapers off during the day. I would go nuts at night since the patch would wear off and smoked 1 cig just to get me thru the night. I would only inhale it about half the time and just hold the smoke in my mouth for the taste.
From my experience, what you-re feeling is quite normal for someone taking Xyban/Welbutrin, orally or by patch.

You could smoke, but you-ll feel all that, but more so.

Stopping smoking is doing the best thing you can for your health.

(Your appetite will probably be duller. If you-re careful to eat good foods, this may be a good time to drop a few pounds.)
NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!!!

Free videos and support to get that nicotine monkey off of your back! The drug culture--thinking that taking one drug will get you off of the most addicting substance on earth--nicotine, makes no sense to me.


http://www.whyquit.com


After you have taken the pledge tell others about it. All free! You will have your life back in 3 days.
yes it-s fine,.
it-s because you body isnt use to not having the nicatine,
and because you realy want it, your body is searchin for it everywhere in your body,.

give it a week, and youll be fine

good luck with quiting

x
I quit smoking 3 days ago and started using the patch. i have felt tired and sick since... is this normal? -