What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Thursday, April 13, 2017

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


I quit successfully over 10 years ago and here is how I did it:

A reward: I made a deal with my spouse to buy my dream motorcycle one year after successfully quitting. You can create a reward yourself that really moves you. It should be something really significant.

I created a plan where I would set out my cigarettes for the next day each night and reduced the number by one each day. So the first day was one pack, the next day was 19 cigarettes, the following day 18, etc,
It worked.
Stay away from your acquaintances that smoke at first. They-ll try to ruin your plan.
Get friends and family to write little messages on little pieces of paper. Eg: Please stop smoking! i love you--
Put them all in an empty cigarette box, every time you need a cigarette, pull out one message and read it. It will make you realize you need to stop, not just for you and your heath but for others around you
Good Luck
x
You got to have controll over 1-s self. Mind over mater! set your mind to it and ,you will.
Get the patches at a pharmacy that help you quit smoking. Chew gum. Just don-t smoke. Quit cold turkey. It will be hard but I know you can do it. Good Luck to You!
Was listening to the radio yesterday and a guy said he quit by getting acupuncture treatments.
You should try this special gum that stops the addiction im
not sure what the name is but you should have a pen and a pencil ready when you watch tv because every once in a while a commercial will show up about smoking and will give you a number to call.
www.QuitNet.com Best support site, ever. Go there and sign up. Go to their QuitStop forum, which is for newbies.
Ask questions, read, poke around the site.
That place saved my life.

Also, I personally agree with using the NRTs, like the patch, nic gum or lozenges. Newest thing out is Chantix which is prescription only.
There is a medicane called Chantix. Go to the Dr. and talk to them.
A Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking- will tell you.
What is the best way to quit smoking? -