Have you quit smoking? -

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Have you quit smoking? -


I have to have surgery in a week. I am supposed to quit smoking. I need some helpful hints. I cannot afford patches and hypnosis. I am not a cold turkey kind of person. If I was, I would have quit a long time ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
lots of chocolate and chips and candy and gum and make yourself really busy all the time so u allways have something else in your hands other than a cigarette...if u dont know what to do make out,have sex, whatever will keep u busy :)
SUNFLOWER SEEDS- BY THE TONS... keeps your hands busy.. and always cracking the shells.. i know to late to answer .. but much better healthier than chocolate - junk food.... worked for me!!


Report Abuse



I quit going on 2 months ago.

While you mention you can-t afford the patch, that is what I used. I still have part of my first box left, as I really only needed them the first few days.

take a look at the drug stores, they-ll run a $5 off on the package, and sometimes a rebate in tandem.

While the initial cost is high, when you think about it, if you smoke a pack a day, the patch is cheaper than two weeks of smoking.

It-s really a mindset, decide that you-re a non smoker, if you can do the patch... it will really help those first few days.. after that, I relied on jolly ranchers for the craving, water, fruit, walking and such.

My roommate is a smoker, a lot of friends are, and I work on a construction site where there are smokers... so in reality, my -setting- for quitting smoking is pretty bad.. in the two months, I-ve had maybe 4 cigs total.

Good luck
Not really. I-ve only smoked 3 cigarettes in my life and the last one was a very long time ago. I don-t think I every Officially started. Now, I -m allergic to the smoke.
You should check out the American Lungt Association-s online support program, Freedom From Smoking.


http://www.lungusa.org/site/apps/kb/home…

How long have you known you were having surgery? The best best method probably for anyone, is the sssslloooww method. I started to cut down in October of last year. I had my last cigarette 1 month ago. In your case, think about your health....if you don-t have that, what do you have? A very limited life. You don-t want that. Quit now, have one last cig and throw them away and focus on your health.
Hi,

I was a 40 a day smoker - this is how i quit:

http://www.squidoo.com/stop-smoking-now-program/

All the best!
Have you quit smoking? -