What a good way to quit smoking cigs i am up to smoking a pack a day? -

Friday, August 3, 2007

What a good way to quit smoking cigs i am up to smoking a pack a day? -


I am ready to quit, I have some things going on in my life and my nerves are not under control, I am ready what do i do about the urges
nicotine gum? i also heard of a smoking aid with something that looks like cigarettes, and they have nicotine inside, but no smoke. they have less and less dosages so you can eventually ween yourself off.. and if your mouth still needs something to do after officially quitting and being done with the fake cigarettes, chew gum...
Well I quit smoking a long time ago. I threw all my cigarettes out on a Friday afternoon and stayed in bed all weekend. Whenever I wanted a cigarette I took a nap instead. By the time monday rolled around I was over the withdrawal symptoms.

After that I would get an occasional yen for a smoke, and I would deal with that by telling myself -no- and finding something else to do.

It-s really just a matter of whether you are capable of controlling your own habits or not. If you don-t have the basic self control for that, forget it you-ll probably smoke yourself to death no matter what.

I like to compare people like that to stupid dogs who simply cannot stop eating whatever-s put in front of them, even to the point of gorging themselves to death.

That way I can feel smugly superior.
Visit a lung cancer center and see first hand what smoking can do to you. I know life is short and for that reason you don-t want to raise your chances of dying a relatively slow painful death.
I tell you what. I-m a smoker and have been most of my life. Anyone who says it-s easy to quit, kudos to them because it-s the hardest thing in the world!!! I-ve tried it so many times I can-t even count :)

But what I caaannn say is the time I quit the LONGEST and what helped is this...

1) It-s good to know you-re ready because if you AREN-T ready, you won-t stay a non-smoker. You WILL go back. (I know that from personal experience.

2) I took up reading books. I read and read and read and read.... that took up so much of the mental struggle of the addiction. REALLY got me over the hump of it. (Now, however, I smoke AND read haha. Two of my favorite past-times!)

3) I took up chewing gum. That DOES help the oral fixation.



If you don-t do those, just find something that will occupy your mind and oral. Chew on a straw, something. I knew someone who bought a couple bags of blow pops and that helped him quit. Take up a hobby that will take up your time. Idol hands... ya know?


Good luck and I really hope you quit!
hi my husband is a heavy smoker too, i think support from people around you helps most. try also going to the doctor and ask some help.
life-s to short to give a **** just keep smoking we all die adventually so why not have fun while your here
There is a shot you can get in the two glands in your neck. Everyone i know that had it done quit cold turkey. I think it cost around 500.00 though. Dont bother with getting hypnotized, i tried that and it was just plain ridiculous.
Glad you have the willing mindset. For about the cost of a carton this program claims to help people stop very fast:
http://tiny.cc/qsytF
What a good way to quit smoking cigs i am up to smoking a pack a day? -