If I smoke a cigar or a clove during the time I am trying to quit smoking cigs, will that scre me up? -

Sunday, August 5, 2007

If I smoke a cigar or a clove during the time I am trying to quit smoking cigs, will that scre me up? -


most definitly!!!! i gave up smoking 2years 3months and 12 days ago i keep track of it to remind me how well im doing. it was hard at first considering my partner isa and still is an 8 a day smoker (he goes outside and i dont follow). i quit cold turkey, as i made it a mind over matter thing. i kept 5 cigarettes in a drawer that were mine and mine alone, so that if i had a craving i knew i had one handy (i still have 5 in the drawer) also if you assosciate alcohol with smoking cut your intake as it makes the craving unbareably strong. good luck with the quitting, hope i helped!
Yes. Cigars not only have a higher tar concentration than cigarettes, they also have more nicotine. Cloves also are high in nicotine and are more detrimental to your health than cigarettes. Get some nicotine gum or the patch to help you out.
Thats not quitting thats cutting down
Yeh, it will (just my own experience tho - not a medical one)

The strength of addiction to cigarettes is the psychological addiction. The action of smoking is what I missed most - filling that void with any smoking related activity really defeats the purpose, because you are still feeding that facet of the addiction.

Best of luck with your quest to quit - it really is tough - I applaud anyone who achieves their goal.
Psychologically no.. It will help. But physically its bad because your getting a healthy dose of nicotine even if you don-t inhale. I started smoking a pipe a long time ago. The flavor was so good that cigarettes tasted bad to me, so I quit smoking cigs. But I got tired of the pipe lifestyle and quit that too. So maybe the flavor will cure your cig urge, but you-re really just replacing the mental urge to smoke into another medium. Try the patch. It really helps.
are you still smoking?

then yes it will screw you up.
yes i tried the same things and all those made it was worse i wanted the real thing. Your best bet is to try gum but dont do the cigar.
if you have the urge to smoke try some hoch and have fun with it
yes it will it is tobacco you got to quit cold turkey
If I smoke a cigar or a clove during the time I am trying to quit smoking cigs, will that scre me up? -